Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
lothlann
lothlann began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looking for a converter

I have looked at a lot of the converters here and elsewhere but am looking for something that converts lots of different formats (pdf, html, txt etc) to lrf.

Does an all in one sort of software exist or do I have to use all the separate converters as Im finding it all a bit confusing?

Sorry if this gets asked a lot Im new to all these formats and aren't much good with code.
lothlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Calibre does a lot of conversions to LRF.

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

And also have a look in the Calibre forum here at MR.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Calibre is great, but what you get is (hopefully) exactly the same file in lrf or e-pub. If you want to edit (to correct errors, to change layout, to add a table of contents, etc.) you need something else. I use Bookdesigner (google for it if you are interested). Bookdesigner is a free program that lets you import from lots of different formats and create ebooks for different readers.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #4
lothlann

Thanks for your help im using Calibre and its looking good
Old 04-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Calibre is great, but what you get is (hopefully) exactly the same file in lrf or e-pub. If you want to edit (to correct errors, to change layout, to add a table of contents, etc.) you need something else. I use Bookdesigner (google for it if you are interested). Bookdesigner is a free program that lets you import from lots of different formats and create ebooks for different readers.
Actually, you can still use Calibre. Just use the tools such as mobi2oeb and lit2oeb to convert Mobipocket and MS Reader to HTML, edit the files, and convert away. Easy really. I do this with Mobipocket eBooks as most have too wide a paragraph indent.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, you can still use Calibre. Just use the tools such as mobi2oeb and lit2oeb to convert Mobipocket and MS Reader to HTML, edit the files, and convert away. Easy really. I do this with Mobipocket eBooks as most have too wide a paragraph indent.
Yes, but Bookdesigner has a lot of ebook-oriented tools you will not find in a word processor or whatever you use to edit your HTML file. It is worth giving a try. Anyway, no single tool is adequate for everything.....
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #7
lothlann

Its so annoying but I bet it is pretty hard to write an all in one software.

O well il make do. Wish i understood code better than my A level in computing, im afraid my education is in a law degree.

Bit off topic but does anyone know where i can find UK law ebooks? Cant find any, would be a great help if i could find some.