Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #1
062604 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Can't get books from Calibre onto new Kobo Glo

My daughter just bought a new Kobo Glo. I have some books on Calibre that I have been trying to put on the device. When it is attached to the computer the books show up as being on the Kobo. However, once unplugged there are no books on the kobo. I have an older Glo and I can put books on it from Calibre just fine. Why wouldn't the new one work too?
062604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Oddly enough, that same exact thing happened to me with a new spare Glo I picked up yesterday. The books were definitely on the reader, yet the reader never showed them in the library. I tried logging out of the Kobo account on the reader, then it locked up a short time after and I had to do a soft reset (by just inserting a paperclip in the bottom hole). Once I got logged back into the account (had to go through the setup process again), the books I sideloaded were now visible on the reader. So try logging out and back in, and then the soft reset if that didn't do it.

Now I'm trying to figure out why books aren't being seen in the newly named "Collections" like on my older Glo (but I suspect it has to do with the name change from "My Shelves"). If it means setting up a different plugboard, not sure how that will work between the older Glo which I keep on firmware 2.4.0, and the new Glo that I thought I'd keep on the most current firmware just to see the changes (since I won't really be using it). And have to get rid of a mess of empty collections that syncing added back to the reader.

It only updated to firmware 3.3.0, but there's enough annoyances that I might just give in on the idea of watching new changes and putting 2.4.0 on it also. One really odd thing I noticed is the line spacing is different between firmwares. 3.3.0 claims to set the spacing down to 1.0, yet has more distance between lines than on the 2.4.0 firmware which could only be set manually to 1.225.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #3
062604 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Signing out and then setting up again seemed to do the trick. Thanks so much!
062604 is offline   Reply With Quote