Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
scfonta
scfonta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
using gmail to read/reply offline paperwhite

I want to use my paperwhite to read and reply to gmail, similar to the way the gmail offline app works in chrome. Does anyone know how I can do this? Can I run chrome on a paperwhite and use the offline app?
thanks, Susan
scfonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, you can't.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
scfonta

I see lots of references to gmail on kindle, but nothing on how to do it. I browsed to a special mobile gmail using paperwhite but there was no keyboard so I couldn't log on. If someone can point me in the right direction please. I have done many searches but must be missing something! thanks, Susan
Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hi. do you mean using the web browser?

The keyboard will pop up.

http://m.gmail.com and away you go.

If you REALLY want an offline mail app... maybe I can port one.
Cheers.

Needs some specs/expectations though and to have a nose around to what is on offer.
Good luck
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
scfonta

thanks

Thanks. I don't generally use the browser on kindle. I will give m.gmail.com a try - had tried a different mobile gmail site that is likely out of date.

I want to sit in the wilderness on a riverbank when I read and respond to email using my kindle. My laptop is too big to haul into the woods. It is probably easier for me to wait a couple years and replace my laptop with a "pad" format instead of you porting something. The Chrome app gmail offline does what I need and more. Thanks for the offer.
-Susan
Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
probably m.gmail.com will meet your need.

if you REALLY need offline email then we'll have a look around. Lots on offer I'm sure.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chrome, gmail, paperwhite