Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM   #1
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Anyone seen a mod like this for the ASUS Transformer?

This could be a catch all thread for this question.

The Hardware Mod that I would like to find:

A Mod to allow you to flip the connector on the keyboard/dock half of the
TF, so that you could mount the tablet half with the display facing out.
That way you could get the extra battery time and the other ports, including
the full sized SD reader, yet still use it as a tablet. (Admittedly a heavy one.)

The part that needs to be able to turn is just the actual connector part, not
the whole hinge bracket that the tablet plugs into. (I think the locking
mechanism and the support posts would still work with the tablet in upside
down.) What I'm thinking of would be a mechanical knob that flips the
connector, not a permanent change.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-06-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Not so much a hardware mod, but a different way of connecting...

As the bottom connector of the Transformer is the charge port, it would make sense to have two such charge cables connected at the USB 3.0 ends with a dual female connectors then the males ends would act like a tether cable that effectively connects the Transformer to the keyboard dock. A low tech umbilical cord!

It would only need that (mod) tether cable, and perhaps the connector switch on the dock (half)closed to signify a connection is made.

Think of the possibilities, I would just scrap the actual cable and go with a dongle and make it wireless via wifi, BT, IR, ...

Now that would be a mod!!!!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
As the bottom connector of the Transformer is the charge port, it would make sense to have two such charge cables connected at the USB 3.0 ends with a dual female connectors then the males ends would act like a tether cable that effectively connects the Transformer to the keyboard dock. A low tech umbilical cord!

It would only need that (mod) tether cable, and perhaps the connector switch on the dock (half)closed to signify a connection is made.

Think of the possibilities, I would just scrap the actual cable and go with a dongle and make it wireless via wifi, BT, IR, ...

Now that would be a mod!!!!!!
Hmm... you might get a wireless connection for all the exchanged signals
but I can't picture "Power over Wireless" to take advantage of the extra
battery. Still the cable idea might be neat you could even rig it so the
dock would fit in the pouch for a hydration pack on a utility vest. There
would be easy routing for ear/headphones and the "umbilical".
Perhaps some flexible solar panels to keep the base charged?

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote