Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-22-2023, 06:35 PM   #1
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Kobo µSD Card Image Requests

Due to the proliferation of threads asking for Kobo firmware images, I've decided to have this thread as a dedicated thread for firmware requests.

When making a request, please specify the make and model number of your Kobo ereader. I.e. if you want a firmware image for a Kobo Clara 2e, please mention N506 and Clara 2E in the message. This will help to ensure that you get the correct image.

Sample would be:

I would like the firmware image for a Kobo N437 Glo HD.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:55 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Responding to a PM: Can I send a firmware request in a private message?

Requests sent by PM are not the preferred method and are a pain to keep track of.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-23-2023 at 12:11 PM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 12:16 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist

The following images are available:

Kobo N204B Aura HD (4.38).21908
Kobo N236 Aura Edition 2 V1
Kobo N236 Aura Edition 2 V2
Kobo N249 Clara HD
Kobo N250 Aura H2O
Kobo N306 Nia
Kobo N418 Libra 2 (there are two versions of the image due to hardware changes)
Kobo N437 Glo HD
Kobo N506 Clara 2E
Kobo N587 Touch 2.0
Kobo N613 Glo
Kobo N647 WiFi
Kobo N647B WiFi
Kobo N705 Mini (4.38.21908 & 3.19.5761-s firmware revisions)
Kobo N905B Touch
Kobo N905C Touch
Kobo N289 Wifi

*Kobo N514 Aura*
The Aura N514 does not have removable internal storage so no image is available. People have used a N250 Aura H2O image copied to a µSD card and booted from that card in the external µSD card slot. See message #124 in this thread for one user's experience.

The following models also have fixed internal storage and no image is available.

Kobo N905 Touch
Kobo N709 Aura One
Kobo N867 Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo N782 Forma
Kobo N777 & N778K Sage

Last edited by DNSB; 04-07-2024 at 10:59 PM. Reason: received some updated images (N204B and N705)
Old 08-23-2023, 11:00 PM   #4
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
How about adding the version numbers to the list?
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 11:36 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
How about adding the version numbers to the list?
For many of the images that were sent to @davidfor by third parties, I don't know what the version is. I could take the time to dig into the image to read the version file but have not had the time or inclination to do so.
Advert
Old 08-24-2023, 01:47 AM   #6
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
The N647 image is version 1.9 and it's not a 'clean' image. It has someone's email and other info. The last release for the N647 and N647B was 1.9.12, the two take different images.

I've asked some people if they have one or the other model, if they have 1.9.12, to make a backup, do a reset, do a second backup to send to you, then they could restore their first backup to the original card or take the opportunity to upgrade their internal storage.

Nobody wants to do that. If I'd been interested in modding my N647 before it got corrupted I would have made a clean image of 1.9.12 from it.

There's an N647 on eBay for $18.95 + $5.70 shipping. The seller won't answer questions. If I knew it had the latest firmware I'd buy it to make an image.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 04:13 AM   #7
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
@bizzybody just use inkbox then lol
Szybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:09 AM   #8
ChristianHB
ChristianHB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C Touch
Kobo N905C Touch

If I may I would like to request the firmware sd card image for the Kobo N905C Touch. Thank you very much.
ChristianHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:55 AM   #9
ChristianHB
ChristianHB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N905C Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianHB View Post
If I may I would like to request the firmware sd card image for the Kobo N905C Touch. Thank you very much.
Also: I would recommend against creating a firmware image via macOS "disc utility". The image isn't usable.
ChristianHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:52 AM   #10
gbre
gbre began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra 2
Hello,
my kobo clara HD display is stuck /frozen.
I tried to disconnect battery, re-charge and restart: nothing.
Led flashes but no way to reset.
Can someone send me an image of SD card software + instructions to setup ?
thanks
gbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:04 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-24-2023 at 02:20 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 02:09 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@ChristianHB, @gbre: PMs sent.

@JSWolf: Jon, the instructions don't do much good without the image. I do include the link to the Memory Upgrade Mod Guide (With Pictures) thread as part of the PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 02:20 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
@ChristianHB, @gbre: PMs sent.

@JSWolf: Jon, the instructions don't do much good without the image. I do include the link to the Memory Upgrade Mod Guide (With Pictures) thread as part of the PM.
OK, gotcha!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 06:57 PM   #14
M8torr
M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.M8torr reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi, can someone share with me the firmware for Kobo N437 Glo HD?
Seems my SD card died, and I cannot find my image backup

Thanks,
M8torr
M8torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 07:13 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent

Tags
firmware requests