Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2022, 04:40 AM   #1
butterfly68za
butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Android Mobile (Moon Reader+, PocketBook), Kindle 3
Kindle 3 registration

Greetings

I have Kindle 3, the other night I had to factory reset it for a screen problem, the reset worked and back to normal.

But the device is no longer supported, therefore, unable to reload my purchased books. I can only copy non-drm books onto it now.

I have tried every possible suggestion out there and even tech support tried, I can no longer log back in onto the device. Any body have better luck than me?

At this stage of the game, I am not able to afford a new Kindle.
butterfly68za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 04:52 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Remove the DRM from your Amazon purchases and sideload them.

You could probably get a new basic Kindle for about 100$. And it's still a lot better than the 12 years old Keyboard version. Or you could buy an used Kindle from Ebay.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2022, 06:49 AM   #3
butterfly68za
butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.butterfly68za knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Remove the DRM ...

... Kindle for about 100$. ...
DRM removal can work for me

100$ in my country is like 3 months salary
Old 12-29-2022, 07:18 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Do you have a mobile & SMS?
I read somewhere that to re-register some older models they send an SMS, so need your mobile number added to the account.

I've been able to register "out of support" old models. Not supported just means no updates and maybe no shopping via the ereader.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 10:52 AM   #5
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can you manually register the device on the My Kindle Content and Device page? You could then send your books from that page to your Kindle.

Edit: it looks like Amazon has removed that option. There are several guides for doing a web based registration online, but I can't find the "register a kindle" page.

Last edited by Desertway; 12-29-2022 at 11:07 AM.
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2022, 11:27 AM   #6
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Can you manually register the device on the My Kindle Content and Device page? You could then send your books from that page to your Kindle.

Edit: it looks like Amazon has removed that option. There are several guides for doing a web based registration online, but I can't find the "register a kindle" page.
Yeah, that's no longer possible. Those guides are probably 10 years old.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:51 PM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
Not since ages ago.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly68za View Post
Greetings

I have Kindle 3, the other night I had to factory reset it for a screen problem, the reset worked and back to normal.

But the device is no longer supported, therefore, unable to reload my purchased books. I can only copy non-drm books onto it now.

I have tried every possible suggestion out there and even tech support tried, I can no longer log back in onto the device. Any body have better luck than me?

At this stage of the game, I am not able to afford a new Kindle.
Download the latest firmware for the Kindle 3 and manually install it. The try registering. It's most likely that the firmware on it now is too old to register.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 02:58 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Scroll down here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW
Old 12-29-2022, 06:06 PM   #10
butterfly68za

Tried all of the above suggestions, non have worked for me.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:04 AM   #11
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I also wasn’t able to register an old K3.

Two-factor authorization with phone didn’t kick in at all, so I couldn’t add this OTP to the password.

Anyway, here is what I do and suggest you the same:
1) Download and install Kindle for PC, version 1.17. Open it and immediately uncheck autoupdates in the settings.

2) Install calibre and a plugin for it called “DeDRM plugin”.

3) Login to Kindle for PC with your account. Then download books you need. Go to Documents/My Kindle Books folder, sort by filetype. Drag and drop the book in azw format to calibre.

4) Now your books you bought are in the calibre, deDRM’d. Now just continue from calibre and connect your Kindle to transfer books.

Enjoy reading!

P.S. K3 is also a powerful audio book reader just put mp3 in documents or audible folder on Kindle and they will appear in Home page as usual books.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 02:20 AM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
I also wasn’t able to register an old K3.

Two-factor authorization with phone didn’t kick in at all, so I couldn’t add this OTP to the password.

Anyway, here is what I do and suggest you the same:
1) Download and install Kindle for PC, version 1.17. Open it and immediately uncheck autoupdates in the settings.

2) Install calibre and a plugin for it called “DeDRM plugin”.

3) Login to Kindle for PC with your account. Then download books you need. Go to Documents/My Kindle Books folder, sort by filetype. Drag and drop the book in azw format to calibre.

4) Now your books you bought are in the calibre, deDRM’d. Now just continue from calibre and connect your Kindle to transfer books.

Enjoy reading!

P.S. K3 is also a powerful audio book reader just put mp3 in documents or audible folder on Kindle and they will appear in Home page as usual books.
Kindle for PC 1.17 autoupdates anyway, whether you check the autoupdates or not. You'll need to follow the instructions here to prevent it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums//s...d.php?t=283371
Old 12-31-2022, 06:16 PM   #13
butterfly68za

I followed these instructions, now have my books on the Kindle... and on my phone in ePub format

Old 12-31-2022, 09:51 PM   #14
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Congrats! Happy reading!

Happy New Year everyone!
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2023, 05:31 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly68za View Post
DRM removal can work for me

100$ in my country is like 3 months salary
A rather odd claim which got quoted in another thread. According to the official numbers, the average monthly salary in South Africa is R24,813 which amount to ~1450 US$ per month.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote