Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-30-2017, 02:13 AM   #316
rszasz
rszasz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4thGen
So while I'm trying to see if the built in annotation fetch feature can be extended to azw3 format. Is it possible to use the plugin to pull last page read information into the comments field so things like the kindle_read_status macro will work?
rszasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:59 AM   #317
sammayor
Enthusiast
sammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trollssammayor doesn't feed trolls

Device: KPW3
No.kindle_read_status macro worked by getting information from sidecar files. This plugin uses My Clippings text file.
sammayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2017, 03:38 AM   #318
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rszasz View Post
So while I'm trying to see if the built in annotation fetch feature can be extended to azw3 format. Is it possible to use the plugin to pull last page read information into the comments field so things like the kindle_read_status macro will work?
It's possible, but I don't have a Kindle to do the development with. If someone wants to do it, I'm happy to help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:54 AM   #319
schnesim
schnesim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2. Gen
Since the plugin only supports English, I'd like to try to make it work with a different language.

So my question is, is it enough to just unzip the "Annotations.zip" in the plugins directory, tinker with the .py files, re-zip it and replace it with the original "Annotations.zip" file?
schnesim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:26 AM   #320
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that will work. The official way to do it is with the "calibre-customize" command. I use the following batch file:

Code:
del "..\Annotations.zip"
"c:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" a "..\Annotations.zip" *.py developer_notes.txt dialogs\* help\* images\* plugin-import-name-annotations.txt readers\*.py -x!readers\_* README.md  about.txt run.cmd 
mode 165,999
calibre-customize -a "..\Annotations.zip"
SET CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM=E:\Development\GitHub\calibre\src
calibre-debug  -s
calibre-debug  -g
But, I had completely forgotten that I hadn't done the changes to make translating the plugin possible. I've done it for my other plugins, but not this. It isn't hard, but it can take a bit of time as I need to look at every string in the plugin and change it. I'll try and do that in the next week or so and put up a beta you can try.
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 09:31 AM   #321
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.6.0

I have just updated the plugin to version 1.6.0. There is only one change
  • Fix: Extra Spanish string for locations in Kindle 'My Clippings.txt'

This was released as a beta a little while ago. As there have been no complaints, I assume it works.

As usual, calibre will announce the update soon. And if there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #322
schnesim
schnesim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2. Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'll try and do that in the next week or so and put up a beta you can try.
That'd be awesome
schnesim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:19 PM   #323
dsestero
Enthusiast
dsestero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Yes please! That would be awesome for me too. I would love to make the plugin available for Italian.
Ciao, grazie
Dario
dsestero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #324
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Enable translations

As promised, here is a beta of the plugin which allows translations. To do this, I have had to go through the code and find all text that should needs to be translatable. Then I wrap the text in a function to replace the text with the translated text. In doing this, I have probably made some mistakes. I have probably missed something that should be translated, and made the change for something that shouldn't be translated. Hopefully I haven't missed to many.

As yet, there are no translations. For anyone who is interested in doing this, the default language file in the plugin and attached to the post separately. To do the translations, I recommend using POEdit. This is a free tool that seems pretty easy to use. To do the translation:
  1. Rename the file to your language code. This is a two letter code such as "es" for Spanish.
  2. Open the file in POEdit.
  3. Set the language. There will either be a button at the top to do this, or choose from the menu, "Catalog" and then "Properties"
  4. Translate each "Source Text" by selecting it in the list. The text will displayed at the bottom with another field to enter the translation.
  5. As you add a translation, this will be displayed in the list on the right-hand side.
  6. If the text contains anything that looks like "{0}", this is a placeholder for a value and will be filled when the plugin is running. All of these need to be in the text.
  7. When finished, save the file and post it here for me to add to the plugin.

If you want to test the translation:
  1. While editing the file in POEdit, use "File", "Compile to MO" to generate the mo file.
  2. Unzip the plugin file.
  3. Put the mo file in the "translations" directory.
  4. Rezip all the files into a new plugin.
  5. Install the new plugin from the Plugins page of the calibre preferences using the "Load plugin from file" button.
  6. Set the calibre language to the language of the translation you have produced.
  7. Restart calibre.
  8. Test the plugin and tell me how much I have missed.

That should do it. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (662.6 KB, 245 views)
File Type: zip annotations-translations-default.zip (2.5 KB, 236 views)
Old 08-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #325
dsestero
Enthusiast
dsestero began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Italian translation for Calibre Annotation plugin

Thank you David.

I prepared the translation file for Italian following your suggestion, added the .mo file to the translation directory of the unzipped plugin, repackaged it and tested the modified beta version in calibre 3.7 on Ubuntu Gnome 17.10. You can find the .po file zipped attached.

I am quite satisfied with the translation but at this time I can make the following observations:

1: if I choose 'Trova annotazioni' ('Find annotations') I can see a red text saying: 'no annotated books in library' instead of the Italian translation;

2: if I choose 'Recupera le annotazioni da Amazon Kindle' (''Fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle') with the contextual menu when I selected a book on my Kindle reader that is present also in the calibre library then a pop-up appears with the untranslated title 'Select a book to receive annotations', the translated content but then if I push the button for more details the text appears again in English; furthermore, nothing happens although a book is selected;

3: if I choose 'Recupera le annotazioni da Amazon Kindle' (''Fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle') with the contextual menu when I selected a book in the calibre library that is present and annotated on the kindle reader I got the error: ValueError:'Confidence' is not in the list, with the following details:
Code:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>ValueError</b>:'Confidence' is not in list

calibre 3.7  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.10.0-32-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.10.0-32-generic', '#36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 8 12:10:06 UTC 2017')
Python 2.7.12
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 6, 1) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 362, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 281, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 283, in __init__
ValueError: 'Confidence' is not in list
That's it for now. I am available to help you debug the plugin.

Ciao,
Dario
Attached Files
File Type: zip it.po.zip (4.0 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by dsestero; 08-31-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added title and changed email notification
dsestero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #326
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for allowing translations!

In addition to what dsestero said:
  • In Modify appearance, the label for the line of the table don't translate (timestamp, Text and Note)
  • The Button to create the custom column isn't working: I think you made a typo in cc_wizard.py at line 139 -> _("Already in use",) instead of _("Already in use"),
    But even if I correct this the translation doesn't work?
  • The default text for "My news clipping" isn't translated
  • In find annotation, "Any reader" and "Any style" aren't translated
  • There is a typo in the original text: Compilng annotations for a book

I also have a few questions to get an accurate translation:
  • I don't really understand what "Collect News clippings from periodicals downloaded by Calibre (Kindle)." does. A news clipping is something you highlighted? What exactly news clipping mean?
  • In "Import annotations from eBook reader" are you talking about a software or a device?
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:42 PM   #327
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
As promised, here is a beta of the plugin which allows translations. To do this, I have had to go through the code and find all text that should needs to be translatable. Then I wrap the text in a function to replace the text with the translated text. In doing this, I have probably made some mistakes. I have probably missed something that should be translated, and made the change for something that shouldn't be translated. Hopefully I haven't missed to many.

As yet, there are no translations. For anyone who is interested in doing this, the default language file in the plugin and attached to the post separately.
I'm going to do it for Spanish, but I'm coding something before, so it's going to take a bit.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #328
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsestero View Post
Thank you David.

I prepared the translation file for Italian following your suggestion, added the .mo file to the translation directory of the unzipped plugin, repackaged it and tested the modified beta version in calibre 3.7 on Ubuntu Gnome 17.10. You can find the .po file zipped attached.

I am quite satisfied with the translation but at this time I can make the following observations:

1: if I choose 'Trova annotazioni' ('Find annotations') I can see a red text saying: 'no annotated books in library' instead of the Italian translation;
Fixed.
Quote:
2: if I choose 'Recupera le annotazioni da Amazon Kindle' (''Fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle') with the contextual menu when I selected a book on my Kindle reader that is present also in the calibre library then a pop-up appears with the untranslated title 'Select a book to receive annotations', the translated content but then if I push the button for more details the text appears again in English; furthermore, nothing happens although a book is selected;
Fixed.
Quote:
3: if I choose 'Recupera le annotazioni da Amazon Kindle' (''Fetch annotations from Amazon Kindle') with the contextual menu when I selected a book in the calibre library that is present and annotated on the kindle reader I got the error: ValueError:'Confidence' is not in the list, with the following details:
Code:
calibre, version 3.7.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>ValueError</b>:'Confidence' is not in list

calibre 3.7  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.10.0-32-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.10.0-32-generic', '#36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 8 12:10:06 UTC 2017')
Python 2.7.12
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 6, 1) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1)
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 362, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 281, in fetch_device_annotations
  File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 283, in __init__
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas F View Post
Thank you for allowing translations!

In addition to what dsestero said:
  • In Modify appearance, the label for the line of the table don't translate (timestamp, Text and Note)
  • Fixed. I think. This one is a little bit harder but I think I have fixed it.
    Quote:
  • The Button to create the custom column isn't working: I think you made a typo in cc_wizard.py at line 139 -> _("Already in use",) instead of _("Already in use"),
  • Yes, an error in the code. I have fixed it.
    Quote:
  • The default text for "My news clipping" isn't translated
  • Missed this. But, it might be in the configuration, so the old value will be used.
    Quote:
  • In find annotation, "Any reader" and "Any style" aren't translated
  • I missed this, but, it looks like there will be a problem with this. I'll have to think about it.
    Quote:
  • There is a typo in the original text: Compilng annotations for a book
I never claim to be able to spell
Quote:
I also have a few questions to get an accurate translation:
  • I don't really understand what "Collect News clippings from periodicals downloaded by Calibre (Kindle)." does. A news clipping is something you highlighted? What exactly news clipping mean?
  • I can't find this. Where is it displayed?
    Quote:
  • In "Import annotations from eBook reader" are you talking about a software or a device?
That is the tooltip for the button if it is in the toolbar. It's referring to both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm going to do it for Spanish, but I'm coding something before, so it's going to take a bit.
And I'm curious about that as well.

A big thank you for the translation and clear bug reports. Attached is a new beta that should fix most of these problems and I found a few other strings that I had missed before. Hopefully I haven't broken anything else. I have included the dsestero's Italian translation. I have also attached a file with the updated default.po and it.po files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Annotations-beta.zip (671.6 KB, 248 views)
File Type: zip annotations-translations-default.zip (7.0 KB, 275 views)
Old 09-02-2017, 03:59 AM   #329
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
And I'm curious about that as well.
If you're talking about my coding, the plugin is already modified according to my needs, so I've finished with it. I'll try to translate the labels this weekend.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:20 AM   #330
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the fix. Still a few things :
  1. The error cited by dsestero (number 3) occurs again:
    Spoiler:
    calibre, version 3.7.0
    ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>ValueError</b>:'Confidence' is not in list

calibre 3.7 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
    Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
    ('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
    Python 2.7.12+
    Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
    Interface language: fr
    Successfully initialized third party plugins: NormComment (0, 0, 3) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && Extraire ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Kobo Utilities (2, 5, 2) && Annotations (1, 6, 1) && Amazon hi-res covers (0, 1, 0) && KePub Output (2, 7, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 10, 1) && Kindle covers (G) (0, 3, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (2, 7, 1) && Count Pages (1, 8, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && KePub Metadata Writer (2, 7, 1) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 1) && Contrôle qualité (1, 9, 11) && KePub Input (2, 7, 3) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 1)
    File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotated_books", line 314, in __init__
  2. Quote:
    Quote:
    The default text for "My news clipping" isn't translated
    Missed this. But, it might be in the configuration, so the old value will be used.
    Unless I missed something, it's still not translated
  3. Quote:
    Quote:
    The Button to create the custom column isn't working: I think you made a typo in cc_wizard.py at line 139 -> _("Already in use",) instead of _("Already in use"),
    Yes, an error in the code. I have fixed it.
    The button now works correctly, but the window still isn't translated.
  4. Quote:
    Quote:
    In Modify appearance, the label for the line of the table don't translate (timestamp, Text and Note)
    Fixed. I think. This one is a little bit harder but I think I have fixed it.
    It's still not translated

But aside from 1, all the other things don't impact on functionality at all, so don't lose your sleep trying to make it translatable if it's hard to achieve. It's only in the configuration menu...

Quote:
Quote:
I don't really understand what "Collect News clippings from periodicals downloaded by Calibre (Kindle)." does. A news clipping is something you highlighted? What exactly news clipping mean?
I can't find this. Where is it displayed?
It's not displayed in the UI, it's the description of the function. It's just that I never used this, don't have a kindle and I don't understand what it's doing so I don't know how to translate the labels related to news clipping.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp