Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 10:15 AM   #1081
inspirit
inspirit began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Look at the book in a library view. On the right side, a kepub will show a line such as KOBO EPUB - 9.6MB while a standard epub will show EPUB - 10.2MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
No need to complicate it Go to My Books and read the format in the right-hand column - EPUB or KOBO EPUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
In the most recent firmware, while reading bring up the bottom menu, then ..., Then View Details, then Details, and the file format is shown.

Or, go to My Books, long press on the book, pick View Details, ...
Thank you everyone. I had a chance to test this and, indeed, highlighting across pages works only on Kobo EPUBs and not the regular EPUBs. I wonder if there is a way to convert EPUBs to Kobo EPUBs!
inspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:11 AM   #1082
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit View Post
I wonder if there is a way to convert EPUBs to Kobo EPUBs!
If you're a calibre user there are a couple of different ways to do it via calibre plugins (KoboTouchExtended or Kepub Output).

If you're not a calibre user search the Kobo forums for 'Kepubify'.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #1083
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you're a calibre user there are a couple of different ways to do it via calibre plugins (KoboTouchExtended or Kepub Output).

If you're not a calibre user search the Kobo forums for 'Kepubify'.
Do remember though that all of those options only apply to DRM free content.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #1084
congdv
congdv began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura edition 2
Hi there, I'm using Kobo aura 2, but I don't know what happen with my screen. The wifi icon always is pressed, and it pops up the wifi connection dialog automatically. Anybody can help me about it? Thank a lot.
congdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:51 AM   #1085
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by congdv View Post
Hi there, I'm using Kobo aura 2, but I don't know what happen with my screen. The wifi icon always is pressed, and it pops up the wifi connection dialog automatically. Anybody can help me about it? Thank a lot.
Clean under the edge of the bezel. Things like that frequently mean there is some dirt or something stuck under the bezel blocking the IR sensors.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2019, 10:36 AM   #1086
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Anyone having problems coming out of sleep mode?

I hit the power button (in sleep mode), and nothing appears to happen. I then hit the power button again, and the device wakes up (shows the page with the light on), but than goes right back to sleep.

It is very intermittent. It happened twice today, but I have also gone several days without it happening.

Glo HD. 4.12.12111. Calibre generated kepubs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I've noticed in the latest firmware that occasionally there is a very long delay (1-3 seconds?) between when I hit the power button and when something happens. If not patient, and you hit the button more than once, you may end up waking it up and putting it back to sleep immediately (or vice versa). Sometimes the delay is much longer than 3 seconds. This might have something to do with the contents/structure of the current book being read.

Occasionally. I press the power button briefly at exactly the wrong moment, and the device thinks I was holding it down and turns itself off completely.
This just happened again. I pushed the power button, nothing happened. Counted to 10 and pushed the power button: it wakes up right away and goes back to sleep (without me pushing the power button again).

And now it is behaving normally going to sleep and waking up.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:11 AM   #1087
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
This just happened again. I pushed the power button, nothing happened. Counted to 10 and pushed the power button: it wakes up right away and goes back to sleep (without me pushing the power button again).

I've also noticed that sometimes the screen doesn't update when the device changes state, especially when it first wakes up.

Usually tapping the screen fixes this, but you need to be careful where you tap, as it might take the action for what was suppose to be on the screen where you tapped it. Before you press the power button a second time, try tapping the screen and wait another 2-3 seconds.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:42 AM   #1088
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit View Post
highlighting across pages works only on Kobo EPUBs and not the regular EPUBs.
My usual fix for this is to adjust the font size until what I want is all on the screen, highlight it, then go back to the usual size.

Quote:

I have a different, more consistent issue with power. If I let my reader transition from sleep to off, the screen will flash to signal that change. However, when I next hit the power button - however long it’s been - the screen flashes again, as though it’s been asleep and only just then powered down. I have to wait a few seconds before I can power it back on, just as I do after any other shutdown.

In addition, I’ve discovered a search bug that only seems to affect large EPUBs. The book I most recently finished had over 160 chapter files for about 960 pages, so it could be content length or number of documents; I can’t tell. In short, if I searched for a word or phrase, the results would come up normally… but if I tapped one of the results to visit it, the book would stay on the page I’d been on when I started the search. I should note that this happened with or without embedded fonts; I know this because the book uses several accented characters, some didn’t display correctly, so I specified and embedded one which had all the glyphs. The search behavior was unchanged. (Notably, my previous book was about 100 pages shorter and had fewer chapters, and I did not have the issue there.)

I’m using a first-gen Kobo H2O with what I believe is the latest firmware, and I only use sideloaded EPUBs.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:00 AM   #1089
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Anyone having problems coming out of sleep mode?

I hit the power button (in sleep mode), and nothing appears to happen. I then hit the power button again, and the device wakes up (shows the page with the light on), but than goes right back to sleep.

It is very intermittent. It happened twice today, but I have also gone several days without it happening.

Glo HD. 4.12.12111. Calibre generated kepubs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
I've noticed in the latest firmware that occasionally there is a very long delay (1-3 seconds?) between when I hit the power button and when something happens. If not patient, and you hit the button more than once, you may end up waking it up and putting it back to sleep immediately (or vice versa). Sometimes the delay is much longer than 3 seconds. This might have something to do with the contents/structure of the current book being read.

Occasionally. I press the power button briefly at exactly the wrong moment, and the device thinks I was holding it down and turns itself off completely.
And it happened again, this time I had the lock screen enabled, which makes me think it less likely to be related to the book being read.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:38 PM   #1090
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.12.12111 is no longer the latest firmware. 4.13.12638 is the current firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 AM   #1091
Leeward
Leeward began at the beginning.

Device: NookSTG, Kobo Aura 2 H20 Version 2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=28
Leeward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 04:32 AM   #1092
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Don't know if it is reported, but on Glo HD with the lastest firmware (12638), when I adjust the brightness by swiping the screen, brightness doesn't change on the slider. For example, slider remains on %100 even if the screen is actualy something like %60 and when I touch the slider to change brightness it jumps to whatever the value is seen there (%100 for this example).
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 08:02 AM   #1093
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Don't know if it is reported, but on Glo HD with the lastest firmware (12638), when I adjust the brightness by swiping the screen, brightness doesn't change on the slider. For example, slider remains on %100 even if the screen is actualy something like %60 and when I touch the slider to change brightness it jumps to whatever the value is seen there (%100 for this example).
I'm sure it has been reported before. I don't remember when, but I'm sure it was before 4.13.12638 was released. And I checked my devices. It seems to be a problem for the devices without the colour adjustment. It happens on my Glo, Aura H2O and Glo HD. But on the Aura ONE and Clara HD, the slider does change.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #1094
Bart1981
Bart1981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Strange problem with my KA1 running firmware version 4.12.12111

The battery drains incredibly fast since the last two days.
Yesterday I wanted to read and when opening the cover the ereader battery level was at 1%. Also the time was changed (always complete hours). I disabled the automatic sleep and wake function thinking that might have caused the drain.

I charged the battery, and today the exact same thing happened. I wanted to start reading, but again the battery was at 1% and the time had changed (8h time difference). Again I charged the eReader. Charged it till 43% and started reading again. After about 15-30 minutes reading the tablet put itself to sleep. I woke it up again and I saw the battery was dropped to 32% and the time had changed again.

What's going on here? First I thought it was the heat, but the last time it happened I was reading in the shadow. Wifi is off, brightness is set manually to 2% and natural light is disabled.

Doing a factory reset is no option at the time because then I'll loose the books on the eReader and for the upcoming days there is no way for me to add the books to the eReader again. Firmware can't be updated because I can't connect the eReader to the wifi where I am atm.

Any ideas? To me it sounds like I have to send the KA1 in for repair when I'm back from my holiday.

Last edited by Bart1981; 04-21-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Bart1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #1095
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart1981 View Post
Strange problem with my KA1 running firmware version 4.12.12111

The battery drains incredibly fast since the last two days.
Yesterday I wanted to read and when opening the cover the ereader battery level was at 1%. Also the time was changed (always complete hours). I disabled the automatic sleep and wake function thinking that might have caused the drain.

I charged the battery, and today the exact same thing happened. I wanted to start reading, but again the battery was at 1% and the time had changed (8h time difference). Again I charged the eReader. Charged it till 43% and started reading again. After about 15-30 minutes reading the tablet put itself to sleep. I woke it up again and I saw the battery was dropped to 32% and the time had changed again.

What's going on here? First I thought it was the heat, but the last time it happened I was reading in the shadow. Wifi is off, brightness is set manually to 2% and natural light is disabled.

Doing a factory reset is no option at the time because then I'll loose the books on the eReader and for the upcoming days there is no way for me to add the books to the eReader again. Firmware can't be updated because I can't connect the eReader to the wifi where I am atm.

Any ideas? To me it sounds like I have to send the KA1 in for repair when I'm back from my holiday.
Given that you are not on the latest firmware, I suggest you try 4.13.12638 before calling Kobo.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app