Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Always eject kobo Touch

I put a new book onto my kobo touch via kobo desktop app, I unplugged it and the book wasn’t there.

When I went to use Calibre to see if it can see the books it said it has issues with communicating with it.

When I went into the kobo desktop app and hit sync it said the kobo was unplugged. When I ejected the kobo it says there wasn’t any books but the internal memory was 54mB used which was what it was before the sync.

My old kobo 2 never did that.

Just going to do a factory reset, though for those who don’t know the reset would set it back to the beginning so if you have 4-5 updates then you would have to redo the update

The lesson always eject your kobo touch
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Oh and when i ejected it now and the other 2 times it said procesing new content and it lasted 3+ minutes so i turned it off

I did the reset and it updated the software and synced my kobo, though i had to plug it straight into my pc in order for it to get detected by my pc, i was using a usb extender cable

here's hoping its the last time i need to do a reset

Last edited by wes101; 06-13-2011 at 03:34 AM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I've had my books disappear from the Kobo after uploading a new book to it even after ejecting it properly. It was strange; I added a book, ejected the Kobo and then when I turned it on their were no books in the library, nothing. They came back after I powered it down and back on though.

I did have to do a factory reset though to solve another issue (book in my library that I couldn't open or delete). Not a great start.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #4
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
the same with any other kobo or any other device, proper ejecting to not corrupt the database is strongly recommended.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
I did have the same problem, I am thinking that it was the experimental kobo driver in calibre, that might have caused some corruption.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #6
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
Oh and when i ejected it now and the other 2 times it said procesing new content and it lasted 3+ minutes so i turned it off

I did the reset and it updated the software and synced my kobo, though i had to plug it straight into my pc in order for it to get detected by my pc, i was using a usb extender cable

here's hoping its the last time i need to do a reset
It takes some time to process the content, mine takes up to an hour to complete. If you dont allow it to do so you will mostlikely end up with a corrupt data base. And you will definatly have to do a reset to get it fixed.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes101 View Post
Oh and when i ejected it now and the other 2 times it said procesing new content and it lasted 3+ minutes so i turned it off...
The Sony Readers do the same thing. I suspect it is indexing the new content so that it can better, and more quickly, search on that content. Otherwise every search would be painfully slow especially if you have a lot of books.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Good info here. I had the processing content screen which I became impatient with. Not knowing this is normal, I shut it off. Of course I had to do a factory reset to get going again. Would be nice if wording could be added to the processing content screen to reflect that it may take several minutes. Otherwise you don't know to walk away from it and check on it later.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Good info here. I had the processing content screen which I became impatient with. Not knowing this is normal, I shut it off. Of course I had to do a factory reset to get going again. Would be nice if wording could be added to the processing content screen to reflect that it may take several minutes. Otherwise you don't know to walk away from it and check on it later.
Good point, all we see is an animated icon on the KT and the Sonys. It would also be nice if they could make the indexing work in the background. It is not like the reader has much to do while waiting for a human to turn the next page in a book.