Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 05:59 AM   #436
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Brew (HomeBrew) is a package manager, mostly for Mac (I guess also for Linux). If you haven't installed it, then the instructions I gave do not mean anything.
I think just Mac.
I've been using various Linux distros since 1996 (more than 10) and never seen or read of it in connection with Linux.

Edit:
I see the HomeBrew website claims it's for Linux. Linux doesn't need it. I've even installed rpms (Redhat) on Debian. Any Debian based Linux uses .deb (via apt), snap and flatpak and can use rpm. I added synaptic to my Ubuntu Mate ARM64 Raspberry Pi4b. Also the direct download script here https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux works for most distros of Linux and automatically installs x86-64 or ARM64. Worked for Pi even without Synaptic installed.

Last edited by Quoth; 03-28-2024 at 06:12 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 06:03 AM   #437
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rod View Post
I guess brew is a package manager? (it's not in the debian repositories) Do I need to first install it?

this command brew unlink openssl@3 has to be run in the same folder as the calibre installation? or system wide?

then you try to load deASCM in the calibre GUI ?

and then brew link openssl@3 ?

Thanks in advance
I've never needed to swap SSL on Linux for Calibre. Using Mint since at least 2016 (Debian/Ubuntu based).

Just install Calibre from here
https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

Paste this into Terminal/Console (from above official link)
Code:
sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://download.calibre-ebook.com/linux-installer.sh | sudo sh /dev/stdin
The versions of Calibre from Linux repositories are mostly outdated.

Currently I'm on Mint 21.3 with Mate desktop.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 10:27 AM   #438
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I think just Mac.
I've been using various Linux distros since 1996 (more than 10) and never seen or read of it in connection with Linux.

Edit:
I see the HomeBrew website claims it's for Linux. Linux doesn't need it. I've even installed rpms (Redhat) on Debian. Any Debian based Linux uses .deb (via apt), snap and flatpak and can use rpm. I added synaptic to my Ubuntu Mate ARM64 Raspberry Pi4b. Also the direct download script here https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux works for most distros of Linux and automatically installs x86-64 or ARM64. Worked for Pi even without Synaptic installed.
Yes, I have never heard of anybody using it on Linux, and no idea how it compares with other package managers for Linux.

Of course on macOS there is also MacPorts and Fink, but Homebrew is much more popular.

Last edited by tomsem; 03-28-2024 at 10:39 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:24 AM   #439
Dr Rod
Dr Rod began at the beginning.

Device: android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The answer is likely that they are running calibre from a Debian repository. Last time I looked from installing calibre on a Debian VM, the stable repository offered calibre 6.13.

I would suggest using the install from the calibre Linux download page and paying special attention to the prerequisites.
correct, Debian stable installing calibre from repositories
Dr Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:36 AM   #440
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rod View Post
correct, Debian stable installing calibre from repositories
In which case, I would re-iterate my recommendation to use the install from the calibre Linux download page and paying special attention to the prerequisites.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM   #441
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Not Working- .16 in 7.7.0

Hello again!
macOS 14.4.1 with Calibre 7.7.0, running .16 plugin... not showing the ACSM files, says "unknown" and no longer working with Libby plugin or manual import. Have unlinked openSSL, but not sure what else I need to do (although I am pretty sure I have seen this before)...
... Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:28 AM   #442
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayesq View Post
Hello again!
macOS 14.4.1 with Calibre 7.7.0, running .16 plugin... not showing the ACSM files, says "unknown" and no longer working with Libby plugin or manual import. Have unlinked openSSL, but not sure what else I need to do (although I am pretty sure I have seen this before)...
... Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
Copy paste the debug log here.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 03:42 PM   #443
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
@miss_p1nky... didn't realize you had answered; I had uninstalled the plug-in, then reinstalled it now and it works... not sure what it "fixed," but all is well...
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 12:12 PM   #444
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Any idea why returning one loan in the plugin settings would also return all the others? I borrowed them all separately.

EDIT: If it matters, the one I tried to return had already been returned via website; I was just getting it off the list.
Is anybody else able to replicate this glitch? I had it happen again. Three books from two different libraries.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 04:14 PM   #445
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Is anybody else able to replicate this glitch? I had it happen again. Three books from two different libraries.
I've tried to replicate a couple of times when you first mentioned it and my attempts failed.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote