Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 08:29 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It varies by application, Android version, hardware, screen size and firmware. Also the person because it's capacitive.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:14 PM   #17
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I don't have your problem (maybe it's device related?). But when I am doing detailed work on a touch screen - like tracing a route on a map - I use a stylus. There are a couple of different types. I have found that for capacitive screens like you find on phones and tablets, the stylus' with the metal mesh tips work better than the ones with rubber tips. The metal mesh is much more reliable and accurate. And it doesn't drag on the screen like the rubber tipped ones do.

Here's some metal mesh tips ones like I'm talking about. Mine is not this exact offering - I bought it elsewhere - but it looks identical:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GW57H8Y...v_ov_lig_dp_it

I looks like you have to buy a ton of them, but it's only $6.99 for the entire set of 10 of them. I seem to remember paying about that price for two of them back when I bought mine. The ones I have have retractable tips, this link I found on Amazon does not say those ones are retractable. That shouldn't matter much - half of the time I forget to retract my tips and they've still been working fine for many years with the tips exposed in my carry bag.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:43 AM   #18
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Metal mesh doesn't sound like something I would want to drag across my tablet screen. However, the link you posted says that they are fiber mesh which sounds more screen-friendly.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #19
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
A very similar "pen" came with my Samsung Galaxy A7, as part of the Tigology Accessories. I also wondered if the mesh screen might be an issue, but it seems to work fine with no scratching.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #20
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
"Fiber mesh" would be the better term than "metal mesh". It looks metallic - shiny silver - but it is soft to the touch.

I have used these styluses for many years on many different devices - never a scratch or problem on any of them.

What you want is the stylus that "looks like a silver metal fabric tip" rather than the one that "looks like a black rubber tip".

YES
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1000_.jpg

NO
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1500_.jpg
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:48 AM   #21
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Also the person because it's capacitive.
Absolutely. I hate touch screens, ever since the first ticket vending machines in public transport. Pound, pound, pound: nothing. Used to think I was extra-electrostatic or something.

You are not alone
mahtin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android