Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 08:26 AM   #1186
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That got it. Works like a champ now. Thanks.
I agree. With calibre 5.6 and DeDRM 7.0.0b2, the Kindle for Mac and Adobe Digital Editions keys get retrieved, and DRM gets removed from AZW3 books and ADE ePubs.

Great work from the Apprentices and helpers.

I haven't tried on other kinds of Kindle book, nor on ADE PDFs, nor Barnes & Noble ePubs.

Last edited by pdurrant; 11-27-2020 at 09:58 AM.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:03 AM   #1187
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've not tried PDF but then I don't have any PDF to try.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 09:59 AM   #1188
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage and Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I agree. With calibre 5.6 and DeDRM 7.0.0b2, the Kindle for Mac and Adobe Digital Editions get retrieved, and DRM gets removed from AZW3 books and ADE ePubs.

Great work from the Apprentices and helpers.

I haven't tried on other kinds of Kindle book, nor on ADE PDFs, nor Barnes & Noble ePubs.

I used it with a Windows 10 system on kindle books (k4pc 17) and adobe digital edition 2 and it worked.
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #1189
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
BTW, when are you going to update to your 2020 reading challenge?
Probably a little over a month from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But are you married? If so, does your spouse have any siblings? Or are you close friends with any couples with children? There's more than one way of being an uncle!
No to all…
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:44 PM   #1190
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Not possible; I have no siblings.

Was anyone else reminded of Shepherd Book saying "I never married"?

Last edited by ApK; 11-28-2020 at 12:20 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2020, 06:22 AM   #1191
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is a fix posted in the comments at Alf that gives a fix to get PDF DRM removal to start. It may not work just yet, but it's a step in the right direction.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #1192
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
There is a new commit at Apprentice Harper's github that fixes the B&N DRM removal.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #1193
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
apprenticeharper has released a fix for Big Sur version 6.8.1

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #1194
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
apprenticeharper has released a fix for Big Sur version 6.8.1
... as well as another beta v7.0.0.b3 that includes the Big Sur fix plus other fixes for Calibre 5.x
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:49 AM   #1195
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
The Adobe Digital Editions sample library includes several PDF ebooks.

Aside from testing DRM removal, ADE installations are prone enough to errors and corruption on both ends that I keep a link to the samples. If I get errors from Kobo or Overdrive, I check the sample library. If sample downloads work, then the error's probably not on my end and I should try again later. It's usually not my end, but the test has caught a few times that I needed to delete my ADE credentials and reauthorize.

Each download request creates a new session (or whatever; you'll never get the "already fulfilled" or "too many downloads" errors), so I can test things like multiple ADE accounts without having to find another free ebook that I haven't downloaded yet.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #1196
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
DeDRM plugin only (v7.0.0b4) is now available
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:29 PM   #1197
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Thank you. Now I can upgrade Calibre. Thank everyone involved.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:21 PM   #1198
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

DeDRM 7.0.0b4

Pre-Release Notes

More Python 3 fixes.
  • Help in the configuration dialog should now work. But some of the Help files themselves will need updating
  • More improvements to Kindle decryption in the handling of PIDs
  • Some fixes for key handling for PDFs

Still lots to be done.
If your setup is working OK with 7.0.0b3, carry on with that for now.
If you don’t already have 7.0.0b3 or are having problems with 7.0.0b3, give this a go.

Harper.
Old 12-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #1199
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I noticed that the v7.0.0b4 plugin ZIP file is a lot larger then the v7.0.0b3 plugin ZIP file. That's because after looking at the b4 plugin, it has all kinds of other things in it. So I'm not sure if it's actually correct. Plus there are two different DeDRM plugin ZIP files in the b4 plugin ZIP.

I did report this and I hope it gets fixed. But for now, I wont be trying it until it is fixed as I don't know what's going on with it.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:56 PM   #1200
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I noticed that the v7.0.0b4 plugin ZIP file is a lot larger then the v7.0.0b3 plugin ZIP file. That's because after looking at the b4 plugin, it has all kinds of other things in it. So I'm not sure if it's actually correct. Plus there are two different DeDRM plugin ZIP files in the b4 plugin ZIP.

I did report this and I hope it gets fixed. But for now, I wont be trying it until it is fixed as I don't know what's going on with it.
Thank you for the information. I think I will wait until this is fixed too.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote