Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #106
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
New $3 VUDU Credit
HIP2SAVEFEB2016
expires on 2/18/2016

Note: If you used the last $3 credit code, Froide seems to have been correct, "Short duration codes appear to be 7 days to the hour you signed up."

I redeemed and used the last code successfully, but when I tried HIP2SAVEFEB2016 a few hours ago, I got an error. I just tried it again and was successful this time. So it appears, even though I had used the previous credit to rent a movie, I needed to wait 7 days before redeeming the new one.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:16 PM   #107
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
New $3 VUDU Credit
HIP2SAVEFEB2016
expires on 2/18/2016

Note: If you used the last $3 credit code, Froide seems to have been correct, "Short duration codes appear to be 7 days to the hour you signed up."

I redeemed and used the last code successfully, but when I tried HIP2SAVEFEB2016 a few hours ago, I got an error. I just tried it again and was successful this time. So it appears, even though I had used the previous credit to rent a movie, I needed to wait 7 days before redeeming the new one.
yay me too
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #108
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Not Me
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 AM   #109
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Not Me
Are you get an error along the lines of exceeding the limit for your account (I can't remember exactly)? If so, you might want to try again tomorrow.

Otherwise, Vudu usually limits the number of free code redemptions it allows. If it says the code is invalid, then they've probably reached that limit. If so, that sure was quick! Sorry.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:19 AM   #110
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

INVALID Missed it
Advert
Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #111
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Calling all anime fans. Microsoft has season 1 of Steins Gate for free right now...

Steins Gate Season One (12 episodes) HD
Quote:
Rintaro Okabe is a self-proclaimed "mad scientist" plagued by paranoid delusions of a nefarious organization known as SERN. Fueled by their imaginations, Okabe and his friends form a secret laboratory and seek to unlock the mysteries of time travel!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...1/8d6kgwzlcnv8

I haven't tried watching it yet, but it appears to be English dub only, no Japanese/no subtitles.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:33 PM   #112
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
1 Month Google Play Music subscription $4.99
https://play.google.com/music/gift?u...ption_SLOT-CTA
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 06:39 PM   #113
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Google is also offering 6 mos and 1 year discounts on Play Music.
I gifted myself one month, and since I'm still enjoying the 3 mos for $1 deal they offered awhile back, I'm covered until mid April.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:32 AM   #114
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Calling all anime fans. Microsoft has season 1 of Steins Gate for free right now...

Steins Gate Season One (12 episodes) HD

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...1/8d6kgwzlcnv8

I haven't tried watching it yet, but it appears to be English dub only, no Japanese/no subtitles.
More free anime.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Season 1, 26 episodes

The Devil is a Part-Timer! Season 1, 13 episodes

Fairy Tail Season 1, 12 episodes

Black Butler I Season 1, 12 episodes

Various free anime episodes
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 01:19 AM   #115
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Children's Audio available on Youtube

I guess this should go here. These are audios intended for children but they're not audiobooks -- they're audio performances, but very minimal. The series is called The Growler Tapes. I had almost the entire collection on cassette back in the 90s when my kids were younger. We played them in the car whenever we had to drive -- which was often. The series won several awards and was featured on WNYE back in the mid-90s when that station was focused on programs of interest to pre-schoolers and pre-adolescent kids.

The stories are very imaginative with subjects like a missing "portable hole" (Growler Radio 3, Way Out) and a book that answers questions, but always lies (Growler Radio 5, Book of Lies). Each episode is about half an hour long. The kids and I loved them -- but, in all honesty, my wife found the voices annoying.

Each story features the same cast of characters, but they all stand alone and you can start anywhere. The target audience is kids aged 6 to 12, but I think there's a lot of leeway.

They appear to have been posted to Youtube by the series owner. The link to Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-N...w=0&shelf_id=0

The series' home page is still up, but I don't know if it's being actively maintained.

http://www.growler.com/
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:55 AM   #116
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I just learned that a company called Alexander Street offers a free classical music download of the week from their Classical Music Library.

The one at this moment is HectorBerlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. There are 5 tracks with a total time of about 53 minutes. It's available as an mp3 or wma4.

I had never heard of HectorBerlioz. But I downloaded the Symphonie and have been listening to it for the last few minutes. I must say, I am impressed with the compositions.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to be notified when there's a new download of the week, unless you are associated with some kind of institution. So you'll need to manually check the site each week if you're interested. Here's the download webpage.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-15-2016 at 02:03 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:28 AM   #117
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I just learned that a company called Alexander Street offers a free classical music download of the week from their Classical Music Library.

The one at this moment is HectorBerlioz's Symphonie Fantastique. There are 5 tracks with a total time of about 53 minutes. It's available as an mp3 or wma4.

I had never heard of HectorBerlioz. But I downloaded the Symphonie and have been listening to it for the last few minutes. I must say, I am impressed with the compositions.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to be notified when there's a new download of the week, unless you are associated with some kind of institution. So you'll need to manually check the site each week if you're interested. Here's the download webpage.
Nice find. Thanks!

Here are a few more tidbits:
  • The Classical Music Library page offers contradictory info - note the text I bolded.

Classical Music Library Free Download of the Week

Quote:
    Every two weeks, Alexander Street offers a free music download from our popular online music collection. This download is freely available, regardless of whether or not your library subscribes to the collection.
  • Wait, there's more music! See Free Download from Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
  • On either music download page, those who want to be emailed whenever new music is available should enter a title, organization, and organization type. So what, if you don't work. Just enter something in each field, to be subscribed to the email notification list. For example, your title may be "alumnus" of an educational institution or "patron" of a public library.

Last edited by Froide; 02-15-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #118
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
<snip>
Here are a few more tidbits:
<snip>
Every week or every two weeks? I guess that we'll just have to wait to find out.

I saw the Smithsonian thingie. I listened to a part of the current Smithsonian freebie and, frankly, I found it very distasteful. I decided to just skip posting the information about that. Maybe I just don't like very folksy folk music, I dunno. But there might be some Mobilereader who enjoys that kind of music, so, in retrospect, I should have gone ahead and posted it. Thanks for doing that.

I went ahead and filled out the form to be notified of new selections. But I had to put information that really didn't fit, in order to fill in all of the places. I got a message back, whether on a subsequent webpage or in an email I don't remember, telling me something to the effect that "a representative will be contacting you soon to inform you about our products." This appears to be another incongruity in their offers, as the blurb seemed to make the offer available to everyone, not just people of the industry. So, I skipped it. In retrospect, I should have advised people of that when I made the post. My solution, which isn't much of a solution, was to create for the webpage a bookmark labelled "Check Every Week," hoping that I don't forget to check like I do the rest of the bookmarks that I have similarly labelled.

The moral of the story may be for me not to make posts at 2 a.m. in the morning anymore.

I just thought of a great idea. Why don't we just get TubeMonkey to check the website frequently for new classical music giveaways and let him let the rest of us know when there are new ones? ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 02-15-2016 at 03:29 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:56 PM   #119
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I post things that are FREE Even if I don't like it! Different tastes for different folks!
Old 02-15-2016, 07:38 PM   #120
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Different tastes for different folks!
Different strokes for different folks.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere