Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #1
waldoB
waldoB began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox C67 Carta 2
[Android] Calibre companion debug log

I have Calibre Companion on Boox C67 ML Carta 2. All works fine, except that every time I turn it on a read ( without connecting to download books ) it puts a document in the library ' calibre companion debug.log.txt ' . One reading session will result in multiple additions of these documents. I can't find an option in any menu to disable.

Any suggestions on how to stop this would be much appreciated.

Thank you
waldoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:12 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldoB View Post
I have Calibre Companion on Boox C67 ML Carta 2. All works fine, except that every time I turn it on a read ( without connecting to download books ) it puts a document in the library ' calibre companion debug.log.txt ' . One reading session will result in multiple additions of these documents. I can't find an option in any menu to disable.

Any suggestions on how to stop this would be much appreciated.
CC writes the debug log hundreds of times each time CC is run. There is no way to turn this off.

You need to find a way to tell the Boox library manager to ignore that file, to ignore the folder that it is in, or to ignore .txt files in general. The file is in the folder Android/data/com.multipie.calibreandroid

Apparently there is a setting in User Preferences to tell the reader to look only in the "Books" folder. If you turn that on then the reader will not see the CC debug log. Of course, you will need to ensure that CC puts books into that "Books" folder.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
waldoB

Thanks very much. I tried that, it stops the reader functions working properly. I think it will be easier to remove the app. The device is fine using its own specific menus. I'll keep it simple.

Thank you for your kind advice
Old 12-27-2016, 07:45 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thanks for the 1-star review.

And by the way, I tried the work-around on my Energi Systems Pro that is built by the same company that makes your Boox. It worked fine.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:35 AM   #5
waldoB

Onyx might make the Energi devices, Energi customise the software. In order to restore proper function my device I have had to factory reset and configure from scratch.
Advert