Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Kindle 3 - reading while charging ?

Hi All
I thought we could read on the Kindle while it's charging using USB connected to PC. It says I should eject it from my computer, but nothing changes when i Stop the USB device. I'm using Windows Vista 64.
Just wondering.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:00 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Ahem - just forget it

Blush
Just choose Eject in the file manager/my computer.
HOW embarassing.
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #3
JoAnn77PL
JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.JoAnn77PL taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4 (non-touch)
For Windows 7 users

Actually, it's not so obvious and no reason to make fun of those who don't know. Especially that in case of Windows 7 users simple ejecting with the safe device eject mode DOES NOT work. For those on 7 follow this path:
- open Windows Explorer window and right click on the device’s name,
- Select 'eject' from the newly opened menu and that’s it.
Safe ejection won't help - the welcome or support screen will be there all the time and you won't be able to read.
Enjoy!
JoAnn77PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it's not at ALL obvious. I only found out about it by reading this forum, too .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, it's not at ALL obvious. I only found out about it by reading this forum, too .
So did I. I couldn't work out why I could eject via safe ejection whilst connected to my XP laptop but not from my laptop which runs vista. Then I looked on this website and realised what I had to do differently.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Same here. It was kinda frustrating when I was doing a charge at work, and it wouldn't let me read on break.

Thanks MobileRead!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
I was confused by this under Linux. I had figured unmounting the filesystem would have sufficed, but you need to actually eject the device as well.
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #8
pchrist7
Addict

Nice this was helpfull

Hi All
This was an old thread, but I love the idea that my "fumbling" helped a lot you afterwards !

Brgds, Per
Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 AM   #9
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Blush
Just choose Eject in the file manager/my computer.
HOW embarassing.
Doing that still doesn't work for me. I don't really mind, though.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #10
evwool
Connoisseur
evwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverevwool exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Palm M515, Palm VX, Kindle 3 WiFi
Hooray! It worked for me too. I just thought that the instruction book had got it wrong.
evwool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Kaymully
Kaymully began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
(Reading Kindle while charging). Thought this was worth a re-post

QUOTE=JoAnn77PL;1714387]Actually, it's not so obvious and no reason to make fun of those who don't know. Especially that in case of Windows 7 users simple ejecting with the safe device eject mode DOES NOT work. For those on 7 follow this path:
- open Windows Explorer window and right click on the device’s name,
- Select 'eject' from the newly opened menu and that’s it.
Safe ejection won't help - the welcome or support screen will be there all the time and you won't be able to read.
Enjoy! [/QUOTE]
Kaymully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #12
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Kaymully you've missed out the [ at the start of "QUOTE=JoAnn77PL" but thanks very much for the re-post, I tried doing this just recently and wondered why it didn't work. Now I know
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote