CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
DR800 Developement VMWare Image?

Has anybody done this already?
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I think you can use the same one that Adam created for the DR1000. You'll just need the latest sources once the environment is setup.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37883
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I think you can use the same one that Adam created for the DR1000. You'll just need the latest sources once the environment is setup.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37883
Yes, I used the image of Adam (or to be more precise, I copied my dr1000 version of the image of Adam and 'converted' it to an 800 version by downloading/installing the DR800 SDK.)
To install the SDK follow the instructions from the iRex Development Environment document. Start with section 2.2 step 3. (step 6 is already done)
Section 3.2.1.2 misses 'intltoolize' which should be executed after autoreconf when trying to build the hello-world example.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDragon View Post
Has anybody done this already?
Some days ago, while waiting for my new DR800, I spent a night building a VirtualBox virtual machine for DR800 development.
If someone is interested and have plenty of bandwidth just tell me.

Btw, I'll comment my opinions about DR800 later ;-)

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Some days ago, while waiting for my new DR800, I spent a night building a VirtualBox virtual machine for DR800 development.

Iņigo
I am interested and have plenty of bandwidth. How big is the image?
Advert
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
I am interested and have plenty of bandwidth. How big is the image?
Approx. 4 GB, but I can assure you it works, I've just finished compiling FBReader ;-)
Old 03-10-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
CoolDragon
Addict

Quote:
Approx. 4 GB, but I can assure you it works, I've just finished compiling FBReader ;-)
Sounds good, now how do I get it from you?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #8
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Sounds good, now how do I get it from you?
Uhmmm, my upload speed is really bad, over 300 Kbps... but I can leave it uploading during the weekend. Tell where to put it, or send me a private message with the credentials.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #9
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:

Iņigo
I discovered recently this site [1], it contains ready to run VMs for VirtualBox.
There you can find an Ubuntu 8.10 to build your DR development environment quickly.

Best regards,
Iņigo

[1] http://virtualboximages.com/VirtualB...tu+Client+VDIs