Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Red face I've been spending too much time on MR

I just got an email from a coworker. She did a good thing, so I was looking for the karma button on the left side of the email!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
You know, I do that too! Quite often (too often to be mentionned)
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
LOL! I was feeling a bit blue, but that cracked me up! Thanks for the laugh!!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Oh and you know what I do, too? I say lounge memes, in French, to people who don't get a clue, and I giggle 'til I drop each time I realize what I'm doing, leaving my interlocutors speechless and puzzled.

"Chéri, me donnerais-tu une assiette? La bleue là, à côté du poisson!"
or
"J'ai besoin d'une armée d'écureuils ninja!"
Are always common.

Oh, and might I advise you to never giggle uncontrollably if you see squirrels in a park? That's got to make you a weird reputation. And, from what I experienced, it's better not to show too much interest or passion whenever someone mentions otters, lamas or pandas, because no one will understand!
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Oh and you know what I do, too? I say lounge memes, in French, to people who don't get a clue, and I giggle 'til I drop each time I realize what I'm doing, leaving my interlocutors speechless and puzzled.

"Chéri, me donnerais-tu une assiette? La bleue là, à côté du poisson!"
or
"J'ai besoin d'une armée d'écureuils ninja!"
Are always common.

Quote:
Oh, and might I advise you to never giggle uncontrollably if you see squirrels in a park? That's got to make you a weird reputation. And, from what I experienced, it's better not to show too much interest or passion whenever someone mentions otters, lamas or pandas, because no one will understand!
bis

when i was visiting my cousins in toronto i took photos of the black squirrels all over the city, giggling madly, and they thought i was insane.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post

bis

when i was visiting my cousins in toronto i took photos of the black squirrels all over the city, giggling madly, and they thought i was insane.
YES! Black squirrels!!! They make you go insane they're so ninja-like!
Old 07-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
We too have them on file since our visit in Toronto.
Our pirate agents the "Petits Suisses" (Tamias : think about Tic & Tac / Chip & Dale) are monitoring their activity and are ready to report any incongruity.

I didn't know MR at the time, but I already knew they were up to no good.

EDIT : Oh, I found the karma button, rlparker :
it's at the bottom left of your message on top of this thread

Last edited by Gaurnim; 07-17-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
and they thought i was insane.
Well, aren't you?

(aren't we all?)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #10
Verencat
Wizard

So I was talking with a friend (Ex, boyfriend, whatever he is right now) and he kindly reminded me that tonight, when we go to sleep, it would be a nice thing if I avoided mentioning MR. Last Saturday, he was half asleep when I woke him up by saying "I wonder what I could give Marc for his birthday", to which, sure enough, he answered "Who the hell is Marc and why in the world would you talk about him when you're in bed?"
Apparently, he thinks it's disturbing.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
We too have them on file since our visit in Toronto.
Our pirate agents the "Petits Suisses" (Tamias : think about Tic & Tac / Chip & Dale) are monitoring their activity and are ready to report any incongruity.

I didn't know MR at the time, but I already knew they were up to no good.

EDIT : Oh, I found the karma button, rlparker :
it's at the bottom left of your message on top of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Well, aren't you?

(aren't we all?)
but it has nothing to do with the black squirrels ! (or does it ??? )
Quote:
So I was talking with a friend (Ex, boyfriend, whatever he is right now) and he kindly reminded me that tonight, when we go to sleep, it would be a nice thing if I avoided mentioning MR. Last Saturday, he was half asleep when I woke him up by saying "I wonder what I could give Marc for his birthday", to which, sure enough, he answered "Who the hell is Marc and why in the world would you talk about him when you're in bed?"
i suspect if he's in a position to know what you talk about when you are going to sleep at night he could be called a boyfriend. as for being disturbed by marc... well... there are so many responses to that i'm not sure where to begin !
Old 07-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
That's ok, you should have seen the look Chris gave me when I was coming up with names for your fridge....
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

but it has nothing to do with the black squirrels ! (or does it ??? )
It actually might! I have a suspicion they are at the root of all things (not the white mice like Douglas Adams thought!)

Quote:
i suspect if he's in a position to know what you talk about when you are going to sleep at night he could be called a boyfriend. as for being disturbed by marc... well... there are so many responses to that i'm not sure where to begin !
I try to avoid mentioning MR... I generally just say: a forum I read had...

(hmm, denying you're doing something... isn't that a sign of an addiction?)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
It actually might! I have a suspicion they are at the root of all things (not the white mice like Douglas Adams thought!)
sweet fuzzy squir-- blimey !! i think you could be right !

Quote:
I try to avoid mentioning MR... I generally just say: a forum I read had...

(hmm, denying you're doing something... isn't that a sign of an addiction?)
i talk about "that ebooks forum i frequent". all my friends know about it. i've even told some stories about the madness that goes on here. usually they smile indulgently and nod their heads at me.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
i talk about "that ebooks forum i frequent". all my friends know about it. i've even told some stories about the madness that goes on here. usually they smile indulgently and nod their heads at me.
You have friends in the real world????????!!!!!!!!!
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote