Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Preview Window Zoom

How do you zoom the preview window in version 0.7.2?

I know I am being obtuse, but I can't find anything in the menus, context menu, preference keyboard shortcuts, or user's manual.

I must be blind, and am overlooking the obvious.

Please help?
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The zoom functionality is in the View pulldown menu.

Control+ to zoom in
Control- to zoom out
Control0 to reset
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #3
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, that doesn't work for me. That only affects the active Book View or active Code View window.

In v 7-1, the Book View window and Preview Window were tied together, and CTRL +/-/0 would zoom Book View and Preview Window in synch. If you were in Code View, the CTRL +/-/0 would only affect the code window.

Now, in v 7-2, NOTHING will zoom the Preview Window, even if Book View is active. Preview Window stays at the default zoom, as per the original installation.

I am unable to zoom the Preview Window at all.
I have tried in XP Pro, and in Vista (newly downloaded and re-installed in Vista, no change).

haaaalllllpppp!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
With Windows 7, no issues at all zooming the Preview pane. I ensure I have clicked in it so that it has focus, and then either Ctrl + or Ctrl - will zoom it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

I even *select text* to make sure it has the focus, and it refuses on my XP machine, and on Vista.

Maybe it only works in Windows 7.

Do we need a developer to confirm that?
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #6
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
It should works: make sure you do not use the numeric keypad.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

@Arios, It makes no difference if I use the numeric keypad or the main keyboard.

The preview has focus (the caption bar is "highlighted"), the main window caption bar is "greyed out". The main Book View window always responds even when the Preview has the focus. The Preview never responds.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Curious, I'm on GLinux right now, but it works well (I'll try with W 7): do you use the control key to the left?
Old 06-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #9
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

By habit, I use the Left ctrl key, but it does not work with the Right ctrl key either. Good thought, though.

I wish some other XP or Vista users would confirm or deny this.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
It works properly on Win 8 64....sorry I know that doesn't help for Win 7.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #11
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
XP Pro SP-3. Sigil 0.7.2
It works without problems.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

@jbacelar, thanks for responding, even though it is bad news for me. If it was a bug on XP or Vista platforms, I would stand a chance of getting a fix. As it is, I don't know what I can do.

The only unusual thing on this Vista machine was that I had to install a missing DLL file, MSVCP100, which I did post about previously. And the dll installation was problematical as well. But at least now Sigil will launch on Vista. It always launched ok on the XP machine, no dll error messages.

This installation on the Vista machine was a clean install, but I will try to clean out all things Sigil on both machines, and start again. Maybe there is an old registry entry or something gumming up the works.

But it kind of looks like I must stay with v 7-1 in order to get Preview Window zoom.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
We are talking PREVIEW window here right? not BOOK view or CODE view.

Windows 7 x64 Preview window will not zoom.

Peace,
John P
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
On XP

My factory defaults for Zoom are:
Zoom in: Ctrl+=
Zoom out: Ctrl+-
Zoom Reset: Ctrl+0

as others have mentionedn the Main KEYBOARD

ADDED:
BTW the preview pane needs FOCUS (click in it) for the keys to work

Last edited by theducks; 06-07-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: add
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #15
Arios
A curiosus lector!

@grannyGrumpy

Quote:
I wish some other XP or Vista users would confirm or deny this.
I tried with my old computer (Vista Home Basic) and everything works fine. Sorry.
So for me it works for Linux Mint Debian Edition (64b), W7 (64b) and Vista (32b).

BTW when the preview window is active, the left Ctrl key with + or - on the numeric keypad do the trick. To reset though, I must use the 0 key on top of the keyboard.

Maybe a complete reinstall of Sigil could help?

Anyway, have a nice day!