Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #46
tipplej
Jason
tipplej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

I read a lot of the books that I was "supposed to read" when I was younger, but never did.
What are we supposed to read when younger?

I remember over 20 years ago being "told" by English teachers to read and critique Pride and Prejudice, the Duchess of Amalfi and various other literary cornerstones.

I guess thats why I rebelled and prefered to read and write about things that interested me. When we had to critique books of our choice using literary analysing techniques, it was heavily frowned upon when I chose to analyse Conan the Barbarian by Robert E Howard!

All writers should be encouraged to write about what interests them and that they feel excites them, not what is considered the 'norm'.

Hence my expolration into the Dead Loop.

Im glad your reading what you "should have read" now through your own choice rather than being forced to.

• Write what you want to write!
  • Read what you want to read!
  • Thats my motto!

Please read the Dead Loop though! (if you want to of course!)
tipplej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #47
tipplej
Jason

Free on Kindle Prime

Great to get a review on Amazon UK at last!

By MR S J MORRIS
This is written in an excellent style taking the reader into the psyche of the main characters. I found myself at times taking on the feelings and emotions of the lead character which at times could be a little harrowing. The author sets the atmosphere of each chapter perfectly and one is transformed into the scene frequently. There are dark morbid moments but this adds realism to a story which portrays incredible lows with euphoric highs. The story built at a steady pace but soon progressed into an addictive read which I was unable to put down until completion. Very enjoyable.

FREE

If you have Kindle Prime then the Dead Loop is free to download.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #48
tipplej
Jason

Smile *** Latest review from Amazon.com and FREE Promo ***

Book 1 FREE today 10/10/12 on Kindle

If you have Kindle Prime then the Dead Loop is always free to download.
I promise you won't be disappointed or I''ll throw away my typerwriter!

Latest review from USA:

The Dead Loop is one of the most unique and original story plots that I have read in quite a long time! While it is dark and even kind of depressing to get through some sections, there is just something about the idea and the writing combined that from the very first few pages grabs you by the hand and tugs you along to see what comes next and fires your imagination to begin trying to figure out why it is happening.

The description of the settings of the various lives/deaths of the main character Ewan Charles are so well described and well written that I can vividly see them in my mind as I read along. The characters seem to be just average type people that we'd pass by on the street every day and would probably like, no different from us really, except for this one particular cycle Ewan goes through every day.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 AM   #49
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I still see $.99. Maybe I'm too early?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #50
tipplej
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
Kinda annoying but I am sure pretty interesting. How can he die everyday? That's the purpose of the writer to make as curious and read the book.
Hi
I hope I've made people curious and fulfilled the writers purpose you suggest.
I got a fantastic review on Amazon.com from my first official verified USA reader. She said:

The Dead Loop is one of the most unique and original story plots that I have read in quite a long time! While it is dark and even kind of depressing to get through some sections, there is just something about the idea and the writing combined that from the very first few pages grabs you by the hand and tugs you along to see what comes next and fires your imagination to begin trying to figure out why it is happening.

The description of the settings of the various lives/deaths of the main character Ewan Charles are so well described and well written that I can vividly see them in my mind as I read along. The characters seem to be just average type people that we'd pass by on the street every day and would probably like, no different from us really, except for this one particular cycle Ewan goes through every day.

Tags
dead, death, thriller