Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
keeping library on pc and portable?

I have calibre on my pc and I have started using caibre portable to carry my books with me. Any tips, tricks, or anything else I should know about keeping or putting the same library on both? What is the best way to do this? Can I just periodically copy and paste my library folder to the usb drive?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
denysm
denysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
I keep the full database on both my desktop and laptop, and use Windows Live Mesh to keep the two in sync. Works perfectly as long as I remember to close Calibre down on one machine before opening it on the other. This way, you can also use Windows Skydrive as an off-site backup.
denysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert