Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #241
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
I'm releasing version 0.5.3.
  • The battery and clock icons are tappable.
  • The screen can be rotated through the Rotate submenu of the main menu. You can also use the rotate gesture (one finger is the center, the other describes the desired rotation with a circular motion around the center: the two fingers should land and take off simultaneously).
  • Plato sets the framebuffer rotation when it starts and restores it when it quits.
  • Preliminary support was added for the Forma.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #242
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi, Baskerville, just out of curiosity, what's in store for Plato in the future? I've seen you reference a "to-do list" a couple times in the thread, seeing how Plato seems to be developing at a brisk pace, would you mind sharing some of your wishes/plans for upcoming features?
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 05:13 AM   #243
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanon View Post
Would you mind sharing some of your wishes/plans for upcoming features?
The planned features for the coming weeks are:
  • Preloading of the next page.
  • Fit to width with continuous scrolling.
  • Pocket articles.
  • Dictionary.
  • Application: Sketch.

I'll also have to go back to the built-in ePUB renderer to add what's missing (tables, floats, etc.).
Old 11-14-2018, 11:12 AM   #244
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
Baskerville - is there a simple way to refresh the book list ? Every time I'm (side)loading books to my kobo, there's a file I've to delete otherwise I don't see them.

Am I missing something ?
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:54 AM   #245
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn_el View Post
Is there a simple way to refresh the book list? Every time I'm (side)loading books to my kobo, there's a file I've to delete otherwise I don't see them.
There are currently two ways of triggering the automatic import process:
  • During startup, the default database, LIBRARY_PATH/.metadata.json, can't be loaded.
  • While Plato is running, you've shared the storage via USB, transferred books in LIBRARY_PATH, and ejected the relevant volume.

I guess the problem you're having is that you sideload books while Plato isn't running. But, of course, you should be able to do that. I'll therefore add a setting to always trigger the automatic import process during the startup sequence.
Advert
Old 11-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #246
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
A comment, a request, and a question

1) I am constantly impressed with the quality of this project.

2) If I could request any one feature be completed it would be for dictionary support.

3) Is there anyway to change (decrease) the size of the font of the shelf display?

Thanks,
Tom
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 PM   #247
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Any chance for the option to show hidden folders? I put files I don't want Nickel to index in hidden folders, I suspect other people do too.

Thanks a lot.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #248
bn_el
Enthusiast
bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.bn_el is far more humble than you.

Device: T62c, Kobo Aura 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I guess the problem you're having is that you sideload books while Plato isn't running.
True

Quote:
But, of course, you should be able to do that. I'll therefore add a setting to always trigger the automatic import process during the startup sequence.
Thank you.
bn_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #249
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc630 View Post
Is there anyway to change (decrease) the size of the font of the shelf display?
Not yet.

It might be worth expressing the underlying intention though: are you trying to display more book rows or to minimize the number of truncated book titles?
Old 11-16-2018, 12:12 PM   #250
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Any chance for the option to show hidden folders? I put files I don't want Nickel to index in hidden folders, I suspect other people do too.
The library path itself can be an hidden folder, but its hidden subfolders are ignored. I might add an option to allow hidden subfolders. However, I'll still have to ignore some of the subfolders: for example .trash, a folder created by Plato to deal with the removed books.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #251
tlc630
tlc630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo Clara HD
Quote:
It might be worth expressing the underlying intention though: are you trying to display more book rows or to minimize the number of truncated book titles?
Both.
tlc630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #252
Symptym
Symptym began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi baskerville,

I'm using an Aura HD with KSM and I just updated to 0.5.3

The touch input has been flipped/mirrored once I start Plato while the screen itself remains correct.

I.E. The menu button is in the top right as usual but in order to press it I have to press the bottom left of the screen or after opening a book, I can open the menu by pressing the center bottom of the screen and flip pages by pressing the top right/left of the screen but if I want to exit the book I have to press the bottom right of the screen which triggers the back option at the top left.

Is there any setting in Plato itself to allow me to correct this? or is it something that would have to be adjusted before the binary was compiled?
Symptym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #253
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Can confirm mirrored touch on my H2O (original).

Just tried this for the first time today. Can't give much feedback due to the afore mentioned touch issues, but I immediately noticed one thing with the epub renderer. That is multiple subsequent lines breaking on a hyphen.

I thought that K&P line breaking tries to avoid hyphenation where possible, and especially tries to avoid subsequent hyphenation. And I've just seen three subsequent line breaks ending in a hyphen. You may want to tweak the penalty values perhaps?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:04 AM   #254
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symptym View Post
The menu button is in the top right as usual but in order to press it I have to press the bottom left of the screen
I've attached a test binary.

Since the metadata format changed slightly shortly after 0.5.3, you'll have to alter your .metadata.json if you don't want it to be recreated from scratch:
Code:
jq -r '[.[]|del(.reader)]' .metadata.json > metadata.json
mv metadata.json .metadata.json
If you're using an automatically imported database, don't bother with the above step.

Check that all the values in the Rotate menu lead to a working UI.

If this version doesn't fix the problem, please post the content of info.log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-0.5.3-test.zip (3.50 MB, 138 views)
Old 11-18-2018, 11:23 AM   #255
Symptym
Symptym began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I've tested that binary.

Wasn't aware that jq was a thing. From what I could tell that script replaces the read stats with blanks which seems to match up to my reading progress being reset.

Once I have it started I can open books, change pages, exit books etc. in all 4 rotation settings.

It does seem to have broken the ability to select chapters in books using the menu from the bottom left however and every time I try to choose the chapter in my book again I get sent to the beginning of the last chapter.

I also can't jump to the next or previous chapters by pressing and holding the right or left sides either.

Touching the top left to return to the previous location or using the jump to page option appear to be working perfectly.

Edit: I've also just noticed that when woken from sleep my book jumps to the beginning of the last chapter as well.
I can still use the 'return to last location' by tapping the top left corner though. Although I have to touch it twice, the first time it seems to do nothing.

Last edited by Symptym; 11-18-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Symptym is offline   Reply With Quote