Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
MDZ
MDZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
windows 8.1 ask to format AURA H2O 3.11 firmware

Hello,
I've just bought this new Kobo ereader and I'm experiencing the folllowing issue.
After configuring my Aura H2O either by wifi or by Kobodesktop (3.11 firmware pushed) when I connect my ereader using USB cable to my pc, windows does not recognize it and asks to format it.
So I did a manufacture reset, that reinstalled 3.07 firmware on my Aura H2O, I connected my ereader to my pc and I noticed that I was able to see and easily manage ereader content (with windows explorer) as long as I did not configure it again (3.11 firmware repushed).
Did you hear of any bug on 3.11 firmware against Aura H2O ?.
Thank you very much for your help.
MDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
I am using my H20 with Windows 8.1 and do not have this issue. I know that doesn't help you pin down the problem, but at least you know it SHOULD work.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 04:25 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
Hello,
I've just bought this new Kobo ereader and I'm experiencing the folllowing issue.
After configuring my Aura H2O either by wifi or by Kobodesktop (3.11 firmware pushed) when I connect my ereader using USB cable to my pc, windows does not recognize it and asks to format it.
So I did a manufacture reset, that reinstalled 3.07 firmware on my Aura H2O, I connected my ereader to my pc and I noticed that I was able to see and easily manage ereader content (with windows explorer) as long as I did not configure it again (3.11 firmware repushed).
Did you hear of any bug on 3.11 firmware against Aura H2O ?.
Thank you very much for your help.
I got that error with both a H20 and a Glo, they were brand new, just out of the box. It's seems to be a defect and Kobo said if a factory reset didn't work to get it replaced. It's nothing to be with the firmware. In my case Kobo desktop didn't recognise either device, I could set up and register by wifi, I just couldn't use it with my Pc.

If you can get it replaced it might be better in the long run otherwise you might get more problems later on.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote