Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Losing my mind (again??)> PDF subject > Calibre tag

Hello Good Folk,
I have about 90 PDF books that I carefully changed the 'subject' field in Adobe Acrobat Pro to match the same desired Calibre 'tag' that I used to organize my ePubs. I tested several times (or so I thought) that I could drag the PDF into any new Calibre library, and the subject would become the tag. NOW, as I'm reorganizing and creating a new library, Calibre (latest 64bit Windows version) ignores Adobe's Subject field, and will only pull in a tag if it's in Adobe's 'description' field.

Am I losing it? Some hidden setting? I've uninstalled Calibre and deleted all related files and registry entries. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:20 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Dougr33 - Calibre recently had some changes re PDF metadata

This thread might help restore your sanity ==>> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=234508

Probably best read in its entirety before reaching 'conclusions'

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-06-2014 at 07:27 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2014, 09:38 PM   #3
Dougr33
Nameless Being

Thanks, helped a lot!