Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fctools View Post
I followed your excellent instructions and installed BackdoorLock successfully but all the rest I tried, I try to open them and KUAL closes and it simply goes back to the main screen
Need detailed info please:
A) What version of Amazon firmware?
B) What version of the JB did you use?
C) What version of KUAL?

Hint 1: If running fw-5.6.x series, what you are seeing is probably normal for that firmware series.

So, yes, really, we need the above information.

Hint 2: If you got all of those from some collection of packages, they are probably all out-of-date.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #32
fctools
Enthusiast
fctools began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Kindle paperwhite2
firmware ver 5.6.1.0.6
ser 9017
Kual ver 2.5
JB 1.14.N
fctools is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kindle paperwhite2
firmware ver 5.6.1.0.6
ser 9017
Kual ver 2.5
JB 1.14.N
Re-install that JB version (which also bundles MKK) -
Then use the MrInstaller KUAL application to install (from the most current attachment of each's thread) whatever else.

Note: Skip Collections Manger (it does not support 5.6.x), but you can consider LiberianSync to support native collections.

Skip Doukan (this is not a Doukan support site, learn Chinese and get your support there [Doukan is a commercial product built on the work of many open sources] - we don't like that here).
Consider using our KOreader instead of Doukan - that is ours and well supported here.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #34
fctools
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Re-install that JB version (which also bundles MKK) -
I've done so but unfortunately now when I try to boot into standard mode it simply restarts a few times and then says repair needed
Diags mode works fine
Did you want a dump of the bootup sequence?
Old 04-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #35
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I've done so but unfortunately now when I try to boot into standard mode it simply restarts a few times and then says repair needed
Diags mode works fine
Did you want a dump of the bootup sequence?
No.
There is a way to clear the "failed restarts" counter posted on this forum - somewhere.

You might have to use the "advanced search" feature of the forum to find it (or maybe its indexed in the "master index").
Advert
Old 04-17-2015, 09:46 AM   #36
fctools
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 AM   #37
mozartt22
mozartt22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello!
I have bricked PW2 and after browsing many threads im still undable to understand how do i get my UART to 1.8v.

I have this board http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G104F...997149283.html is it possible to make it work on 1.8v? if yes then how do i connect pins, i know pinout on kindle, but do i need to connect kindle(1.8v) to UART(3.3v) pin? or i have to somehow make this 3.3v pin to work on 1.8v first.

Can any one write voltage for every pin on UART? Currently i have
VCC: 3.3v
TXD: 3.3v
RXD: 1.8v

I have a friend who is common with soldering and stuff so changing anything in this board is simple for him but i need to explain him what exactly he have to do.
mozartt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:16 AM   #38
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartt22 View Post
Hello!
I have bricked PW2 and after browsing many threads im still undable to understand how do i get my UART to 1.8v.

I have this board http://www.aliexpress.com/item/G104F...997149283.html is it possible to make it work on 1.8v? if yes then how do i connect pins, i know pinout on kindle, but do i need to connect kindle(1.8v) to UART(3.3v) pin? or i have to somehow make this 3.3v pin to work on 1.8v first.

Can any one write voltage for every pin on UART? Currently i have
VCC: 3.3v
TXD: 3.3v
RXD: 1.8v

I have a friend who is common with soldering and stuff so changing anything in this board is simple for him but i need to explain him what exactly he have to do.
NO - DO NOT connect the 3v3 pin to the Kindle, not anywhere.

Using a 3v3 interface voltage is **NOT RECOMMENDED** because that is outside of the Freescale specifications of the SoC.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:21 AM   #39
mozartt22
mozartt22 began at the beginning.

Device: none
So all i need is convert
on uart
3.3v to 1.8v
TXD: 3.3v to 1.8v
RXD: 1.8v leave as it is?
mozartt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 AM   #40
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
So all i need is convert
on uart
3.3v to 1.8v **NO**
DO NOT CONNECT the 3v3 pin of the adapter to the Kindle!

See this post from yesterday:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...37&postcount=8

Unless this is a throw-away Kindle that you do not care what happens to it -
Either:
Get the correct serial-to-usb adapter;
Or:
Use the Geekmaster, jury-rigged, level shifter (link above).
Old 04-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #41
fctools
Enthusiast

Quote:
So all i need is convert
on uart
3.3v to 1.8v
Try this, http://jim.sh/ftx and follow raz572's diagram for hooking it up. Worked like a charm for me
Old 04-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #42
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Try this, http://jim.sh/ftx and follow raz572's diagram for hooking it up. Worked like a charm for me
It is "temporarily unavailable" - Jim is on his honeymoon.
(click through to either of the purchase choices to see that message)
Old 04-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #43
fctools
Enthusiast

Unhappy

I've been reading on this forum & messing around with my kindle and I'm afraid I went from the frying pan into the fire now because I thought I'd start from a scratch like yifanlu suggested here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72&postcount=3 and I erased MMC from the recovery menu but now I can't figure out how to restore it.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:33 PM   #44
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's... not good. And unrecoverable AFAIR (correct me if I'm wrong).

On a sidenote, that's absolutely not what Yifan was pointing towards. cf. Kubrick for simple ways to nuke part3 (i.e., /var/local).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #45
fctools
Enthusiast

So Kubrick doesn't work on the latest firmware? And what does AFAIR mean? Afraid I'm a bit of a NOOB at this, worse for me.