Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #1
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Kindle book sorting problem

Hi there. My Kindle PW2 broke recently, so I bought a new Kindle PW3. Turned out it's firmware version was 5.8.10.1. I remember that on my KPW2 5.6.5 my books were ordered in a way, that the last book opened was the first one on the list. Is it possible on 5.8.10.1, or do I have to open it and jailbreak using serial? Thanks in advance
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
jselby
Zealot
jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage | Samsug GT4
I believe that's the "Recent" option in the rightmost drop-down at the top of your book list. That drop-down also gives you the option to sort by title or author.

ETA - If I remember correctly "Recent" includes newly added books. So if you download a book to your device it will be the most recent in the list until you open another book.

Last edited by jselby; 12-13-2017 at 04:54 PM.
jselby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 03:59 AM   #3
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Yes, that's how it was, but it is no longer that way. I have recent selected, and it applies to the order the books were added to the device. It does not change the books order after opening another one. Is it a fw related issue, or that's how it's supposed to be?
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
jselby
Zealot
jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage | Samsug GT4
I just tried it on my Voyage, and after I open a book it becomes the first item in the list. I'm currently on the most recent FW - V5.9.2.0.1. I don't recall seeing that option behave differently in previous versions.

You mentioned that you recently purchased the PW3, so I assume you've recently loaded it up with your library. I've seen in other threads where some weirdness can happen sometimes after you load a large number of books all at once, specifically around indexing. You might try rebooting the device and see if it helps.
jselby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Might be a problem with system time being out of whack (i.e. set in the past). Do you ever let it connect to internet? That should reset the time.

That said, in the latest firmware you only get to set ‘local time’ (not date), including hour, minute and meridiem. Not date, not time zone. Weird.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Galunid
Zealot

Guess what. Turned out that registering amazon account magically resolved this issue. Thanks all for help