Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Attikin
Attikin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Why did Kobo give my account American settings?

Hi all,

When I lived in Ireland, I bought a Kobo Aura. The device, itself, works fine and I'm happy with it.

In Ireland, the region worked fine, with selection and currency.

However, when I moved back home to Denmark and updated my details on the website, they've changed my account to showing an American selection (some of which I can't purchase because it's only available in USA) and the currency to US Dollars.

What happened and how do I correct it? Sadly, I can't seem to find a way to change this manually, but I'd like to see the selection that's relevant to my area. Couldn't they at least get the continent right?
Attikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attikin View Post
Hi all,

When I lived in Ireland, I bought a Kobo Aura. The device, itself, works fine and I'm happy with it.

In Ireland, the region worked fine, with selection and currency.

However, when I moved back home to Denmark and updated my details on the website, they've changed my account to showing an American selection (some of which I can't purchase because it's only available in USA) and the currency to US Dollars.

What happened and how do I correct it? Sadly, I can't seem to find a way to change this manually, but I'd like to see the selection that's relevant to my area. Couldn't they at least get the continent right?
You have to delete payment information before Kobo will let you change your country. After you wipe that, you can pick the country that works best for you and reenter your payment info.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #3
Attikin
Attikin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You have to delete payment information before Kobo will let you change your country. After you wipe that, you can pick the country that works best for you and reenter your payment info.
Thanks. It does seem odd because I did change to another payment method after moving. During that, I also entered Denmark as my residence. Now, I know that they don't have a specific shop for Denmark and that's okay - but why America of all places? I'll try to remove my current payment method and enter it again. Hopefully that will help.

EDIT: I've done that now, so now my country is set to "Other" because Denmark isn't on the list of countries. Time will tell if it makes a difference in the selection.

Last edited by Attikin; 12-15-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Attikin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
account, kobo store