Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #151
axm
axm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It pains me to admit, but I am having trouble installing/using this. It seemed to install correctly via launchpad (Shift Shift I) - which unpacked the zip (version 8) in customupdates to usbroot (/mnt/us/), stating success.

Now, when I enter an open terminal sequence (Shift T T for example) this is consumed (not always, but most of the time) but otherwise nothing happens.

I was assuming a terminal would be opened and displayed. Did I make a false assumption or might there be an error on terminal execution? Are there logs anywhere for this?

PS: Tested version 6. with myts-./myts.arm: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./myts.arm)
8 the zip in customupdates is extracted to /mnt/us - this does not seem intended (myts-6 is packed to myts subfolder). When executing the included myts.arm (.8) via ssh I get:

./myts.arm: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ./myts.arm)

...which seems like a linking problem as mentioned here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=148906

When doing the same with version 6, I get no such error and myts reads stdin. Have not yet found any change on kindle with this.

PPS: nvm - seems there was only one initializing step missing (closing usbnetwork, ssh access?) - works great now.

Conclusion: myts-6 works für kindle 3 keyboard, myts-8 should probably installed manually (not with launchpad) and might have a compatibility/deployable issue [until someone corrects me what I was doing wrong].

Last edited by axm; 12-30-2017 at 04:01 AM. Reason: solved
axm is offline   Reply With Quote