Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
nikev
Connoisseur
nikev began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Cover for original H20

Hi,

I am in search of a new cover for my H20 (original). I have had the Kobo sleep cover since I bought the device, and it has begun to fall apart.

I don't want to get the same cover again, as it's rather expensive for what it is (and seems not to be easily available either).

Any body with ideas/recommendation, I'd be happy to hear about them.

Cheers.

Nik
nikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:56 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There's a big long thread here discussing different covers for the Aura H2O. I'd suggest finding that and have a look through it. There were lots of suggestions in it.

But, personally, I went the other way. I bought a cheap cover from eBay. It worked, but didn't last. The original Kobo cover is a lot better.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
nikev
Connoisseur

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the Kobo cover for the original H20 may have been discontinued. It's out of stock everywhere I have checked.

Is there a current Kobo with the same dimensions whose cover I could use?

Nike
Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you live in the USA, this is the case I have for my H2O. It's very nice.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HETZITW
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Galaxy Tab S2, PW3(7th) Kobo H2O (1st), Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

I don't know why they design the covers like that with with the spine shortened a bit at both ends. It allows the front of the cover to slide a bit across the front, making it feel loose. The original Kobo cover, which I have, appears to be exactly the same. It does the job protecting the screen, but I prefer the more rigid book-like covers with a full length spine. Unfortunately I can't find any of that style at my amazon for the original H2O, but I did recently get one to fit my Paperwhite3.
k9reeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9reeder View Post
I don't know why they design the covers like that with with the spine shortened a bit at both ends. It allows the front of the cover to slide a bit across the front, making it feel loose. The original Kobo cover, which I have, appears to be exactly the same. It does the job protecting the screen, but I prefer the more rigid book-like covers with a full length spine. Unfortunately I can't find any of that style at my amazon for the original H2O, but I did recently get one to fit my Paperwhite3.
It does not feel loose. If it did, I would have returned it and gotten a different cover. I've been using this cover for more than a year and fits very nicely. It's not too heavy and when folded back, it's very easy to hold he H2O.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #7
k9reeder
Groupie
k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.k9reeder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It does not feel loose. If it did, I would have returned it and gotten a different cover. I've been using this cover for more than a year and fits very nicely. It's not too heavy and when folded back, it's very easy to hold he H2O.
Actually, the original H2O case, which I have, has a bit longer spine than yours, so perhaps it's different materials between the two that accounts for it. There's a lot of travel the Kobo front cover can do across the surface. Not enough to expose the screen, but almost.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:16 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

On the case I have, the magnets hold the font cover pretty well in place.

I did buy a Gecko cover and the magnets in the flap and in the right side of the body of the case did not line up and thus, the cover did not close unless I had it at al angle. Needles to say, back to Amazon it went.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
k9reeder
Groupie

Quote:
On the case I have, the magnets hold the font cover pretty well in place.

I did buy a Gecko cover and the magnets in the flap and in the right side of the body of the case did not line up and thus, the cover did not close unless I had it at al angle. Needles to say, back to Amazon it went.
The Kobo Cover I bought cost a pretty penny, as I recall. It's very thin, and not horrible at all, but the spine is made of a kind of cloth material, so if you were to hold it open as you would a book, it feels somewhat like holding a smallish sized salmon fresh from the stream. Perhaps I should have thrown it back. But it does the trick for now.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #10
nikev
Connoisseur

Quote:

Thanks. I'll give that one a try.