Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 02:48 PM   #16
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Those files don't have any known file extension, like .epub
Are they in directories that are that long too?
What is the error you get? Some popup from Windows?
I omitted the extention: they are epubs
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:51 PM   #17
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
How did you disable the limit? In the registry as described by this this Microsoft knowledge base article? It points out that enabling Win32 long path support only works for some functions. Perhaps for MTP this process doesn't work.

I thought something like that, but I cannot fix the problem
Old 06-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #18
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Weird. What version of Windows 10 and Oynx firmware do you have? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 and Oynx firmware 3.1 on my Nova 2 and I can't replicate this. I've created a folder in a path so long that Windows won't let me create a new folder in it (it just tells me the file name would be too long for the destination folder) but it'll happily let me copy files off the Nova 2 even if the name is would exceed "New Folder". Some programs like Calibre eBook viewer won't open the epubs in the super long folder but ADE does and if I copy the book to somewhere else it works (once renamed as it gets truncated). And I haven't even enabled long path support.

So perhaps unique to the Poke 2?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #19
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Weird. What version of Windows 10 and Oynx firmware do you have? I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 2004 and Oynx firmware 3.1 on my Nova 2 and I can't replicate this. I've created a folder in a path so long that Windows won't let me create a new folder in it (it just tells me the file name would be too long for the destination folder) but it'll happily let me copy files off the Nova 2 even if the name is would exceed "New Folder". Some programs like Calibre eBook viewer won't open the epubs in the super long folder but ADE does and if I copy the book to somewhere else it works (once renamed as it gets truncated). And I haven't even enabled long path support.

So perhaps unique to the Poke 2?

Firmware 3.1

I unlocked the Windows' limit of 256 characters, but nothing
Old 06-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #20
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Can you copy those files to a path it would be less than 260 characters? Like straight on C:\ or in the documents folder or something?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:29 AM   #21
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader

Quote:
Can you copy those files to a path it would be less than 260 characters? Like straight on C:\ or in the documents folder or something?

Thanks, but most of the times the file path is too long anyhow.