Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 AM   #226
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Since "current law" was mentioned, I was wondering if there was some sort of morality law.

I would think that if there was a contract, the publisher couldn't just stop publishing something if it broke the contract.

In this case, the Suess estate appears to be both the copyright holder and publisher, so they can pretty much do what they want?
It's not actually the Seuss estate, it's a corporation set up by Geisel's widow before she died, so it comes down to how the corporation was set up. Can the heirs over rule the decision or is it set up with no direct over sight? I have no idea. I would certainly think that the heirs can sue if they feel that the corporation is doing something that decreases the long term value of the books.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 02:18 AM   #227
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
The Seuss people saw a way to get themselves into the news, thus sell a few more books, by doing some virtue signaling. They can do what they want, it's their books. Personally, I laugh to myself at the self-righteous self-serving nature of virtue signalers. They seem so obviously fake to me. I just chuckle and shake my head at all the transparent things they do, and go about my business.
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:58 AM   #228
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Did Seuss do his own art work in the books, if not just change the art work to suit woke sensibilities no one seems to object to the words.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #229
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
A reminder please not to let this drift into partisan politics. Members are welcome to post similarly in P&R.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote