Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2022, 04:52 AM   #1
ebbertd
ebbertd began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
Click to open path opens the web browser

Dear all,

I'm running Calibre 5.37 on Linux (NixOS unstable).

Sometimes I want to quickly access the book files directly. For this purpose the function of right click -> open containing folder of a book exists. However, in my case this then opens the path in the web browser and not in the file manager. This is not the expected behaviour for me, I would expect the path to be opened in the file manager.

The file manager is configured in the xdg defaults for inode/directory and other programs, e.g. VSCode work correctly when using the function to open the containing folder.

Do any of you also have this issue, and if so, did you find a solution?

Thank you in advance,
Daniel
ebbertd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 01:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
to open a folder calibre calls Qt desktop services, which in turn on linux typically delegate to xdg-open. If it isnt working for you something in the chain is broken. nixos messes a fair bit with upstream packages to get them to be isolated, so likely the culprit is ther.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2022, 04:30 AM   #3
ebbertd
ebbertd began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
Thank you very much for your answer!

I created an issue with NixOS for this: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/172043
ebbertd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linux