Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 02:07 PM   #16
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I came across my Buffy the Vampire Slayer boxset today. My current laptop doesn't have a DVD player so I need to find my external one tomorrow.

But first I'm going to finish season 14 of Criminal Minds tonight.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:15 PM   #17
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Re-watching 'Allo 'Allo. Perry Mason, and working through Deep Space Nine
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2020, 05:09 PM   #18
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Anos View Post
Re-watching 'Allo 'Allo. Perry Mason, and working through Deep Space Nine
We watched some Perry Masons last year - the first 2 or 3 seasons are mostly based on books and not bad. I never liked Aaron Burr as Perry and really looking forward to the new Matthew Rhys version. When you throw in John Lithgow and Tatiana Maslany this could be the long LONG overdue PM fans deserve but never got.

I have all of DS9 recorded; just have to convince DW to watch.

If I can find Allo Allo I'll check it out. Tonight will be the last 3 eps of S2 of the Australian comedy No Activity - sort of a Peter Sellers meets Waiting for Godot...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #19
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Rewatching an old BBC series, Spooks. We used to watch it back in the day and it's still pretty good, albeit a bit dated (there was a scene where the main protagonist broke into a house to use their phone to call the office, which led to us having to explain to our youngest son that, no, people really didn't always have mobile phones!).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:22 PM   #20
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Rewatching an old BBC series, Spooks. We used to watch it back in the day and it's still pretty good, albeit a bit dated (there was a scene where the main protagonist broke into a house to use their phone to call the office, which led to us having to explain to our youngest son that, no, people really didn't always have mobile phones!).
The early seasons were good. We watch a lot of the British series - inspectors Morse, Lewis, Lynley, Banks, Gently plus Shetland, Line of Duty, New Tricks, No Offence, Whitechapel, Broadchurch, Scott & Baily, Happy Valley, The Fall, Midsommer, Jack Irish & City Homicide from Austr. and Brokenwood from NZ - way too many good ones to name...
Advert
Old 03-31-2020, 04:54 AM   #21
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
My son fixed me up with a streaming box a while ago, so I am currently working through every series of NCIS. have seen many of them, but owing to the scheduling here, they were never shown at the same time on the same night, so I missed quite a few of them! Now I can view them in order, at my leisure!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #22
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Today I found my DVDs of the first three seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've hooked up my BluRay/DVD player so I'm set for a while.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #23
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I recently binge watched the comedy "Gavin & Stacey". Loved it
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #24
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I recently binge watched the comedy "Gavin & Stacey". Loved it
Agree. We actually binge watched it a few months ago and loved it..
Old 04-08-2020, 02:17 PM   #25
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

I'm thinking of doing a Classic Film Week next week, where I watch a classic film each day.

On the list of films I definitely want to watch are:
  • The Godfather
  • M*A*S*H
  • Chinatown

Other possibilities:
  • Gone With The Wind
  • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  • All The President's Men
  • Sunset Boulevard

I'm also going to look for one or two classic horror films to add.

Any suggestions are welcome, bonus points if it's on Netflix or I can rent it on Google Play Movies.

Last edited by Rumpelteazer; 04-08-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 04:07 PM   #26
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Watching Cheers as I'm sewing. I really dislike the early episodes with Diane. The only thing that made them watchable is the character of Coach.

All in all the show doesn't hold up very well, but it's background noise for me. I may watch Gilmore Girls again once I'm done with Cheers.

I can't watch anything new at the same time as I'm sewing, because I can't pay close enough attention.

PBS is running the Roosevelt documentary by Ken Burns, so we are recording that so my husband can watch it. I've watched it all the way through twice, but not recently. It's so good, and so interesting.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:48 PM   #27
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Notting Hill, for approximately the 100th time.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #28
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

We re-watched Barney Miller last year and were surprised how well it has aged...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Watching Cheers as I'm sewing. I really dislike the early episodes with Diane. The only thing that made them watchable is the character of Coach.

All in all the show doesn't hold up very well, but it's background noise for me. I may watch Gilmore Girls again once I'm done with Cheers.

I can't watch anything new at the same time as I'm sewing, because I can't pay close enough attention.

PBS is running the Roosevelt documentary by Ken Burns, so we are recording that so my husband can watch it. I've watched it all the way through twice, but not recently. It's so good, and so interesting.
Old 04-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #29
swimon126
Enthusiast
swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.swimon126 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4, Kobo Libra 2
Finally decided to finish the Witcher Netflix series (I put off the last episode for too long). As a gamer and a book reader, I was rather disappointed by this season's finale. The only thing I'm actually happy with about this entire show is Henry Cavill as Geralt.
swimon126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 06:56 PM   #30
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
We re-watched Barney Miller last year and were surprised how well it has aged...
We love Barney Miller. It was so well done. The reoccurring characters especially.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote