Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2023, 09:59 PM   #1
qwertypoiyoity
qwertypoiyoity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Post Wikipedia for offline.

Is there a wikipedia dictionary to load on to the kindle for offline use?
I have turned wifi on wikipedia search and then forgot to turn it off and had kindles update on me

I saw this https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comm..._a_dictionary/ but they that was 12 years ago and the OP hasn't commented on anything for the past 5 years.

The links in the guide for creating our own dictionary also seems to be broken.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comm..._a_dictionary/

Are there existing compiled mini wikipedias that can be used as a dictionary for my kindle offline? I have a 32 gb kindle oasis, so there should be enough space...

thanks
qwertypoiyoity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
i know that for smartphones (android) there are versions of wikipedia you can download for offline useage. also for desktop computers there are versions of it. in theory you could download them with such an app and then transfer them to your kindle. but i don't know of a way how you could then use or parse wikipedia on your kindle that way.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionairy, dictionary upgrade, kindle, wikipedia, wikipedia offline