Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Calibre Portable like the Calibre on PC (espec. settings and plugins)?

I have started with Calibre on the PC and use some plugins and changed settings.

Then I installed Calibre Portable on an USB Stick to be able to work on the database when I am not on the PC (check for duplicates etc.).
Both libraries are synched so that the one on the stick is always like the one on the PC.

However there are some plugins I find useful and would like to use on the stick too (for example the Favourites plugin).
And if I change the toolbar or other settings I'd like to have them on Calibre Portable as well.

Is there a fast way to use plugins and settings from the "main" Calibre?
Can I just copy - paste, if so what?
Or should I install plugins and change settings on the USB stick Calibre Portable and not mix them?

I do not want to run Calibre only on the stick and point to different libraries because the stick is not fast.

Calibre 0.9.15 standalone and Calibre Portable 0.9.15
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
I have started with Calibre on the PC and use some plugins and changed settings.

Then I installed Calibre Portable on an USB Stick to be able to work on the database when I am not on the PC (check for duplicates etc.).
Both libraries are synched so that the one on the stick is always like the one on the PC.

However there are some plugins I find useful and would like to use on the stick too (for example the Favourites plugin).
And if I change the toolbar or other settings I'd like to have them on Calibre Portable as well.

Is there a fast way to use plugins and settings from the "main" Calibre?
Can I just copy - paste, if so what?
Or should I install plugins and change settings on the USB stick Calibre Portable and not mix them?

I do not want to run Calibre only on the stick and point to different libraries because the stick is not fast.

Calibre 0.9.15 standalone and Calibre Portable 0.9.15
Copy the contents of the (PC's) configuration folder (Plugins, if that is all you want) and place it in the same place in portable
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Works.
Thanks a lot.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Copy the contents of the (PC's) configuration folder (Plugins, if that is all you want) and place it in the same place in portable
Would that be the metadata.db file?

edit, no. I can't find the config folder. I copied over some plugin files but my settings were not there. I am running win7. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could find the config folder? (winxp was easier to find things on!)

Last edited by booklover6; 01-22-2013 at 02:31 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
I
What program are you using to sync your libraries?
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Would that be the metadata.db file?

edit, no. I can't find the config folder. I copied over some plugin files but my settings were not there. I am running win7. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could find the config folder? (winxp was easier to find things on!)
Metadata.db is your Library (metadata) that you see.

The same old way to find the config folder still works:

Preferences: Miscellaneous: (Click 'the' button)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Metadata.db is your Library (metadata) that you see.

The same old way to find the config folder still works:

Preferences: Miscellaneous: (Click 'the' button)
Oh thank you! I didn't know that. There is a lot of stuff in that folder. When I am more awake in a few hours, I will copy it all over.

Thank you, it worked perfectly. I never would have found that folder!

Last edited by booklover6; 01-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.