Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
lreilly12
lreilly12 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Market Android to download apps?

Hello,

I am trying to download apps on my new pocket edge, but it seems that on Android Market (market.android.com/apps), it doesn't work. I have an account with my gmail account, but when I go to install an app, it says, 'There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.' Does anyone know what I need to do? Do I need to download something to this market? Anyone have any suggestions where to get one?
I tried to download some free apps, but it gave me the same message. There is a site I went to called, appgravity. It told me to type my e-mail in to get the app sent and then I can downloaded from my e-mail. I sent about 10 apps to my gmail account I went to my g-mail account and there were no new e-mails. What am I doing wrong. As I mentioned before, is there something I need to download?
lreilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by lreilly12 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to download apps on my new pocket edge, but it seems that on Android Market (market.android.com/apps), it doesn't work. I have an account with my gmail account, but when I go to install an app, it says, 'There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account.' Does anyone know what I need to do? Do I need to download something to this market? Anyone have any suggestions where to get one?
I tried to download some free apps, but it gave me the same message. There is a site I went to called, appgravity. It told me to type my e-mail in to get the app sent and then I can downloaded from my e-mail. I sent about 10 apps to my gmail account I went to my g-mail account and there were no new e-mails. What am I doing wrong. As I mentioned before, is there something I need to download?
In order to associate the device with your market account you have to download something ON THE DEVICE from the market. This won't work if you don't have the market and google sync working.

If you can open the market app but can't download anything, start here on step #7. Understand that this CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE if you don't know what you're doing.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138063

Your only option at this point is to modify your build.prop file or be resigned to sideloading things from your phone or downloading from appbrain or other freeware sites.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Android market is problematic at the best of times of both the PE and EE. To get it to work requires hacking the device and having an android phone available.

There are several sites from which you can get free apps, and paid ones, look in the sticky threads.

I always download apps to my PC - it gives me a backup should I ever need it - then install from there using ES File Explorer over a WiFi link.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
pranav
pranav began at the beginning.

Device: PE
I have found a nice app store http://blapkmarket.com/en/ . Currently this is the best place to find the apps and you can even download the apk file and have nice little market app on you device. Make sure you use the latest beta version (currently open for only those who are willing to donate but it do works like a charm).
pranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav View Post
I have found a nice app store http://blapkmarket.com/en/ . Currently this is the best place to find the apps and you can even download the apk file and have nice little market app on you device. Make sure you use the latest beta version (currently open for only those who are willing to donate but it do works like a charm).
Just keep in mind that this may be breaking the law in your country, as these are illegally uploaded apps that you'd have to pay for in a lot of cases otherwise.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
lreilly12
lreilly12 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Thank you for all your help everyone. I have been figuring things out on my own. And I might be getting close. I will try that 'blapkmarket'. Thanks again.
lreilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote