Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-24-2017, 06:06 AM   #1
ciaoben
ciaoben began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
What is the best way to keep my books in sync?

I get an iPhone, love it, but hate ibooks.

I discovered Marvin, and it looks great, but I cannot understand what is the best way to keep in sync my books between my mac and my iphone. I would love to able to leave a bookmark on marvin, and find it on my mac.

Is this possible? Does exist a way?

Bonus point if I can share this info also with an android tablet!

Every kind of suggestion is welcome!
ciaoben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #2
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
You can't because there isn't a Marvin Mac app. If that's what you want you need to go back to iBooks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
As far as I know, the only app that shares a book mark across multiple platforms (iPad, Mac, and Android) is the Kindle app.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
As far as I know, the only app that shares a book mark across multiple platforms (iPad, Mac, and Android) is the Kindle app.
I don't think there's an actual Mac app, but Google Play Books do have a browser/cloud reader and it syncs with the various apps they have (iOS, Android, etc.). You can also upload your own ePub's to their cloud for reading with their system.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #5
LUEBECKER
Enthusiast
LUEBECKER began at the beginning.

Device: IPhoneXR & iPad Pro
Thanks, but to clear up what I was looking for was a capability to sync the book wheter I had been reading it with the calibre ebook-viewer in my desktop or with Marvin on my iPhone or iPad. At this point I guess that isn't possible.
LUEBECKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #6
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
That is not true. BookFusion also allows you to share bookmarks and highlights across Android, iPad, Web(Linux, Windows & Mac)
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #7
Mtnguy321
Mtnguy321 doesn't litterMtnguy321 doesn't litter

Device: Ipad
iPhone, iPad Air2, iPad mini ... will not sync book locations. Why not????
Mtnguy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnguy321 View Post
iPhone, iPad Air2, iPad mini ... will not sync book locations. Why not????
That depends on the app.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #9
Mtnguy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That depends on the app.
Since I was in the Marvin forum I though that it was obvious the app was Marvin.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Marvin does sync the book location. But, you may need a Dropbox account and Marvin needs access to it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:08 PM   #11
Mtnguy321

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Marvin does sync the book location. But, you may need a Dropbox account and Marvin needs access to it.
Not for me it doesn’t. DB on all devices. The iPad Air2 and iPhone6 do sync with each other but my iPad mini doesn’t show up on those and neither show up on the mini.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:25 PM   #12
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Works fine for me?? hmmm
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnguy321 View Post
Not for me it doesn’t. DB on all devices. The iPad Air2 and iPhone6 do sync with each other but my iPad mini doesn’t show up on those and neither show up on the mini.
The most recent version of Marvin uses Apple iCloud to sync. It could be that two of your devices are using one sync method, while the other is using a different method.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote