Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-15-2016, 01:32 AM   #1
duxxil
duxxil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool How to update one .pyo file in pylib.zip?

I've made a little patch for calibre, importing book using hardlink instead of copy.

After runnig calibre with my source code by setting CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM, I got the .pyo file.
I want to use this .pyo file to update the pylib.zip in the calibre binary directory.

I've tried WinRAR and the zip in Ubuntu, but it can not run well. And also tried the setup.py script in the calibre sources, but stopped at the private QT header problems.

Does anyone know how to repack the .zip file?
I would be very grateful if anyone give me some advice.

Or if you have a good calibre develop environment, just apply my patch and build the zip for me.

Code:

import book using hardlink instead of copy

diff --git a/src/calibre/db/backend.py b/src/calibre/db/backend.py
index 357f690..463f690 100644
--- a/src/calibre/db/backend.py
+++ b/src/calibre/db/backend.py
@@ -1493,11 +1493,9 @@ class DB(object):
                         traceback.print_exc()

if (not getattr(stream, 'name', False) or not samefile(dest, stream.name)):
-            with lopen(dest, 'wb') as f:
-                shutil.copyfileobj(stream, f)
-                size = f.tell()
-            if mtime is not None:
-                os.utime(dest, (mtime, mtime))
+            hardlink_file(stream.name, dest)
+            stream.seek(0, os.SEEK_END)
+            size = stream.tell()
         elif os.path.exists(dest):
             size = os.path.getsize(dest)
             if mtime is not None:
Someone had already talked about a similar question.
Make calibre installer for Window

Last edited by duxxil; 10-15-2016 at 01:36 AM.
duxxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 02:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just unzip, replace the file, and re-zip, making sure to disable compression when zipping.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:15 AM   #3
duxxil

Red face Thants for your replay. I've tried, but might not in the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Just unzip, replace the file, and re-zip, making sure to disable compression when zipping.

Thants for your replay.

I've tried, but might not in the right way, it cannot run the right way like using source code by setting CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM.

1. I use WinRAR directly replace the .pyo in the pylib.zip(just drag the .pyo into pylib.zip's "calibre/db/" subdirectory).
Code:
 --- the orginal pylib.zip
$ unzip -Z ../pylib.zip  | grep backend -B3
?rw-------  2.0 fat    17915 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/customize/__init__.pyo
-rw----     2.0 fat        0 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db
?rw-------  2.0 fat     9008 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/adding.pyo
?rw-------  2.0 fat    65606 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/backend.pyo

--- pylib.zip after replacing calibre/db/backend.pyo
$ unzip -Z ../pylib-h.zip  | grep backend -B3
?rw-------  2.0 fat    17915 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/customize/__init__.pyo
-rw----     2.0 fat        0 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db
?rw-------  2.0 fat     9008 b- stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/adding.pyo
-rw-a--     3.1 fat    70781 bx stor 16-Oct-13 23:06 calibre/db/backend.pyo

2. Directory structure problem like this cause the pylib.zip cannot extract the path, so I build the directory structure manually before unzip pylib.zip.
This is the detail steps history:
Code:
 $  mkdir pylib && cd pylib
 $  unzip ../*.zip
 $  unzip -l ../*.zip
 $  unzip -l ../pylib.zip | grep -E "[0-9]{4}(-[0-9]{2}){2} [0-9]{2}:[0-9]{2}"  |  sed -e '/\.py/d' -e 's/^[ 0-9:\-]* \(.*\)$/\1/' | xargs mkdir
 $  unzip ../pylib.zip 
 $  cp ../backend.pyo calibre/db/backend.pyo -f
 $  zip -r ../pylib-hardlink.zip . -0

$ unzip -Z pylib-hardlink.zip | grep backend -B3
-rw-------  3.0 unx    11359 bx stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/restore.pyo
-rw-------  3.0 unx    15612 bx stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/utils.pyo
-rw-------  3.0 unx    19342 bx stor 16-Sep-30 08:46 calibre/db/view.pyo
-rw-------  3.0 unx    70781 bx stor 16-Oct-13 23:06 calibre/db/backend.pyo
Old 10-15-2016, 07:10 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'n afraid I dont have the time to figure out how to use zip tools to replace files in a zip file for you. Just use CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #5
duxxil

I just wanna use hardlink to save my disk space

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'n afraid I dont have the time to figure out how to use zip tools to replace files in a zip file for you. Just use CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM.
I'm not interested in the zip tools at all, I just wanna use hardlink to save my disk space as many people trying doing this. If you google calibre symlink or hardlink, you'll see.

I suggest to add some opinions about how to setup the book library to the calibre UI, copy, symlink, hardlink or just record the original book path to the book entry.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxxil View Post
I'm not interested in the zip tools at all, I just wanna use hardlink to save my disk space as many people trying doing this. If you google calibre symlink or hardlink, you'll see.
I'm pretty sure Kovid was saying he didn't have time to teach you how to use your zip tools to produce the pyo file.
Quote:
I suggest to add some opinions about how to setup the book library to the calibre UI, copy, symlink, hardlink or just record the original book path to the book entry.
I can't say there has been much discussion about using links for access to the books, but there has been a lot of discussion about storing the original file name. And there is even a plugin intended for just that purpose.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:08 AM   #7
duxxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I'm pretty sure Kovid was saying he didn't have time to teach you how to use your zip tools to produce the pyo file.

I can see it. I just state my intention and suggestion. As my first post says, there're many ways that may figure out my problem.
Old 10-16-2016, 02:50 AM   #8
duxxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxxil View Post
After runnig calibre with my source code by setting CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM, I got the .pyo file.
I made a mistake here, the .pyo file is not synchronized with the .py