Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #16
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
I've corrected the bug and uploaded a new installer (see first post). Simply install the new version and things should be fine

Thanks again for your bug reports
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #17
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for such great software!
Don't we need to uninstall the version 0.1 first?

Thanks,

dabon
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabon View Post
Don't we need to uninstall the version 0.1 first?
You don't have to, it should work with the original version still installed.

If you want to uninstall the old package first, you have to do a
Code:
ipkg remove autodl
on your favorite command line.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #19
Dabon
Connoisseur
Dabon doesn't litterDabon doesn't litter

Device: iliad V2; ipad 2-64GB,3G
Thanks a bunch!!

Dabon.
Dabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #20
Acid
Acid began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
A plugin for Feedbooks.com RSS subscriptions is coming in the near future...
Thomas, master, have you managed with creating the plugin?
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:19 AM   #21
-Thomas-
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Thomas, master, have you managed with creating the plugin?
Unfortunately I have exams this week and don't have the time to complete it at the moment. Additionally Feedbooks has recently changed their API (not a major change though), so I will need some time
Old 07-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #22
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Unfortunately I have exams this week and don't have the time to complete it at the moment. Additionally Feedbooks has recently changed their API (not a major change though), so I will need some time
I'll start publishing the documentation for our new API this week, and yes it's a major change: there's now dozens of endpoints.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #23
Acid
Acid began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Oh, I see. We'll be waiting with impatience Good luck, men
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #24
-Thomas-
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
I'll start publishing the documentation for our new API this week [...]
Cool, what about saturday, 11.30 AM CEST? My exams will be over then *g*
Old 07-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #25
Seadart
Seadart began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad + Palm TX
I does not work for me - what am I missing?

I must be dumb, by the comments this works for most people, but not for me! I unzipped the autodl-v0.2 to main memory on my iLiad 2 running 2.12 and have an entry in main memory that says: 'Install Automatic Downloader Framework' I can click this any way I like but nothing happens!

If I connect the iLiad to the PC I see a folder: 'downloader_install' which I can open and see five files including 'run.sh' etc.

Where on earth is "/usr/bin/pre_download.sh" etc. I think we are into Linux, do I need to load an SDK or something?

I would appreciate some help please!

Seadart
Seadart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #26
-Thomas-
Addict

I guess you're missing the developer's package. Have a look at this thread, there's a detailed howto.

Please drop me a note if this doesn't solve the problem
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #27
paulgreg
paulgreg began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad iRex
Plugin for the 20 minutes in French

You'll find here the plugin in order to download the "20 minutes" newspaper in french.
I haven't change the icon for now (still using 20 minutos icon).

Thanks again Thomas for your wonderful framework !

19th september 2008 - edit : I've updated the package by adding a test : if the issue is not available on the web (like during the week-end), the plugin does not delete latest downloaded issue. I did the same for the "20 minutos" plugin too.

Grégory
Attached Files
File Type: zip 20minutes.zip (49.8 KB, 399 views)
File Type: zip 20minutos.zip (49.8 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by paulgreg; 09-19-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Does not delete last issue on week-end.
paulgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 AM   #28
-Thomas-
Addict

Quote:
A plugin for Feedbooks.com RSS subscriptions is coming in the near future...
Just a little update on this: Unfortunately I don't have much free time at the moment, so the Feedbooks plugin won't appear in the _very_ near future... But it's still on my list!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #29
paulgreg
paulgreg began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad iRex
Hello Guys,

I've finished a new plugin downloading the latest edition of the Sunday Times Software Development : http://www.sdtimes.com/content/currentissue.aspx

Each time you'll press the "synchonize button", it will try to download issue numbered in file "SundayTimes/script/next-issue-to-download.txt". On success, it increase the issue number and update that file.
At time of publication, "next-issue-to-download.txt" file contains number 200, which is june's edition.
If you wan't to download directly the latest edition, update the number in that file on this month issue.

Edit : I've just fixed a bug on a stop condition.

Enjoy,
Gregory
Attached Files
File Type: zip SundayTimes.zip (49.9 KB, 415 views)

Last edited by paulgreg; 09-20-2008 at 12:13 PM.
paulgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #30
Delphy
Delphy began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v1
I'm a new Iliad user and I just discovered this thread and wanted to say thanks.

Since regular downloading and reading of news is one of the things I got my (second-hand) Iliad for, this fits in perfectly.
Delphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autodl, automatic, content, downloader, framework