Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 02:56 AM   #16
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Hi Pascal,

thank you.

Yes, it is not difficult to handle PRC/MOBI dictionaries as well, I did convert a couple of them in the past as well. I just need some time for including that code (and polishing it up) in the current script. (I also need to choose a different name )

I am planning to add support for reading the input dictionary from text files, so that one can easily build "test" dictionaries before trying the converter on 100K word dictionaries.

I will travel on Wed and Thu, so probably I will use the spare time in airports for doing that. You will see an updated script on Fri or Sat, probably.

AlPe
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #17
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all,

I have just update my script, adding support for (limited) XML input dictionaries.

I decided that "sd2odyssey" is no longer a suitable name, so I changed it to "penelope"

You can find the new web page with all the files here.

Enjoy!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Nice page - that going to stay there for a while? I wasn't going to look yet until next week, but had to. You put some good work into the page. Going to see if I can get the script installed. Penelope is a nice name - the crazy female hacker in Criminal Minds. I am sure you picked the name for a different reason.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #19
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Yes, that's going to stay at least till the end of the year (I am also designign a personal website where it will be moved afterwards).

Penelope as in "the patient Odysseus' wife".
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #20
Pascal148
Pascal148 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Hi,

Very nice job.
The documentation is very clear and the scripts are also helpful.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.
Pascal148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Pascal: You are welcome.

If you have suggestions or comments, please let me know, thanks!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Bookeen on the feedback they have received from the "public beta" of the dictionaries:

http://bookeen.com/blog/odyssey-dictionary-feedback/

BTW, read the last point: "Tool to build your own dictionaries" ... LOL
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #23
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Bookeen on the feedback they have received from the "public beta" of the dictionaries:

http://bookeen.com/blog/odyssey-dictionary-feedback/

BTW, read the last point: "Tool to build your own dictionaries" ... LOL
Yup. I had half a mind to say : what about specs of the dictionaries ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #24
Pascal148

Hi,

Yeah, someone on the french blog has asked for an english spanish dictionaries.
Perhaps should you advertise for the Penelope project on their english blog.
It's well documented and very useful if there are dictionaries in the corresponding language.
I fear that there will have no commercial dictionaries available as the dictionary is not protected (I'm a user of free software since a long time but there is no free dictionary equivalent to commercial english-french dictionary).
So, people will have to use free dictionaries (especially Stardict) and would appreciate your work if Booken don't provide one for their language (or the one they want).
Other people might also want to adapt a dictionary provided in another format (for example, html or mobi). Your documentation would be very useful in that case.
So, a little publicity for your work and your project could be very appreciate for the Odyssey's users.

So long.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #25
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi Pascal,

did you mean something like the attached comment?

Let's see if they publish it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	commento.png
Views:	669
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	83280  
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
Pascal148

yeah, but I've read only the french forum.
I will post it also on this one.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #27
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Alright, that's fine with me, thanks!
Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #28
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Checked now, both comments (on the English and the French Bookeen blogs) are published.

I hope that my script will help someone out there.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #29
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Checked now, both comments (on the English and the French Bookeen blogs) are published.

I hope that my script will help someone out there.
Good job. It sounded a little complicated to install Python on my Win7 machine, so I went ahead and put a whole Debian GNU/Linux system on my spare computer. Now if you have time for the mobi2stardict one you won't have to convert it completely to python, you can leave part of it in bash.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #30
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi,

I am dangerously busy these days, so I am not sure if (and least, when) I will include the MOBI part into Penelope.

Moreover, the principal problem I face is that the Mobipocket format for dictionaries seems quite arbitrary, requiring a specific parsing strategy case-by-case.

For now, you can try unpacking your MOBI dictionary with MobiUnpack, use a text editor / your own script/programs / etc to isolate the single definitions, put them into the XML format read by Penelope and then use it to get the final dictionary for the Odyssey.

If you have just one/two dictionaries to convert, I could do it for you, write me a PM.

EDIT: sorry, by reading too quickly, I misunderstood your post. However, to convert to StarDict the problem of parsing on a case-by-case basis might still be relevant. The three MOBI-> StarDict conversions I made had also some other processing in them. I need to investigate further this matter.

Last edited by AlPe; 03-04-2012 at 05:49 AM.