Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Toolbar button goes off-screen when a plugin needs to be updated?

This is a very confusing issue.

I have "Plugin Updater" as a button on my main toolbar:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-30 15_35_17-calibre - __ My Books __ Default __.png
Views:	106
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	180295

Normally all the toolbar buttons fit on-screen. But when one of my plugins needs updating (the icon turns to an exclamation point when this happens), the Preferences button at the end of the toolbar gets pushed off-screen. (Sadly, I didn't think to take a screenshot.)

Why does this happen?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
rwmcafee
Connoisseur
rwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it isrwmcafee knows what time it is

Device: none
One of the best updates that came along was the ability to make all of your icons on the toolbar to have double line text under them. This helped me to have all my icons show up on the screen.

To do this, go to Preferences - Look & Feel and look at the Toolbar section. Check the item of Use two lines for ...

I also use the Icon Size as Small and have the text under icons set to always.

Hope this helps. Ron
rwmcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Two questions: 1) are you certain it's the Plugin Updater icon change that makes it happen, or is it perhaps when a device is attached and another icon appears? 2) Does it actually push the Preferences button "off screen" where you can't access it at all, or is it the standard toolbar overflow situation happening (where a chevron appears to allow you to access the buttons that won't fit in space allotted)?

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-30-2020 at 07:08 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used to use the two-line text, but then that left a lot of empty space in the toolbar so I switched it back to single-line.

I didn't have a device attached. The Preferences button got pushed down into the overflow area.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then it must be a matter of the exclamation point icon being marginally wider than the normal Plugin Updater icon. Which is then just enough to trigger the overflow. Either that or the text of the Plugin Updater button also changes (when there's an update) and triggers the same situation.
Advert
Old 06-30-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Either that or the text of the Plugin Updater button also changes (when there's an update) and triggers the same situation.
Yep. The text changes from "Plugin updates" to "Plugin updates*" The extra character is probably just enough to shift things far enough to overflow.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:45 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

That would make sense. I never noticed the asterisk.