Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old Today, 01:52 PM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Is there specifically a Scramble Epub plugin? I was thinking of Toxaris' Borkify plugin, is that the same you had in mind?
Sorry about that, it is ScrambleEbook not ScrambleEpub.

Jackie_w's ScrambleEbook is a separate plugin that basically replaces text and images making the book unusable except for looking for structural issues. See ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books for the link or use calibre's search for plugins.

There is also a standalone version for those who don't want to add yet another plugin. See EbookScramble utility post #2

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 02:22 PM. Reason: Edit Standalone version no longer exists.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 PM   #47
Mister L
Zealot
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sorry about that, it is ScrambleEbook not ScrambleEpub.

Jackie_w's ScrambleEbook is a separate plugin that basically replaces text and images making the book unusable except for looking for structural issues. See ScrambleEbook: Getting help with copyrighted books for the link or use calibre's search for plugins.

There is also a standalone version for those who don't want to add yet another plugin. See EbookScramble utility post #2
Oh, a Calibre plugin, right, I didn't know about that one, thank you. In the meantime I had been thinking about ways to be able to share this file without any copyright worries so I deleted most of the chapters and then all the text except the first paragraph of each chapter, since we are only interested in the titles currently. Now that I know about the scramble ebook plugin I went ahead and scrambled that result so there is definitely NO WAY this file could pose any problem at all.

In order to make it less confusing, I unscrambled the ncx to show the original titles and unscrambled all the titles in each file and I renamed the html files to match the toc titles, just to make it easy to see what is what.

I'm attaching the file here. This one is a pretty good test case for this because it manages to combine practically every problem you can think of in one file. As you can see, in this file:
  • All html files are referenced in the TOC, even if the toc reference (=the title displayed in the toc) is not visible in the html page.
  • There is only one toc reference per html file, even when there are multiple h* tags (because of the titles being formatted wrong).
  • Some html files have NO toc marker at all (eg the cover, titre.html...): in these files, the toc reference should be copied from the ncx into a new h1 tag OR an html comment at the top of the html file, whichever is easiest to code.
  • Some html files have an empty h1 tag which is only there to hold the toc-marker ID (eg dedicace.html). The toc title can be added as a title="" attribute to those OR an html comment immediately above the tag with the toc ID, whichever is easiest to code.
  • The chapters have a title split into 2 parts: h1 with the chapter number + h2 with the title, which has fake smallcaps. Chapter 6 has fake smallcaps with a bonus capitalised word for maximum span kludge fun. These are referenced in the toc as "1. Title of the chapter" (in sentence case; Chapter 6 is "Title of the chapter with Propernoun"). The toc reference should be copied exactly as it is (number followed by a period then the title, with zero modifications to the text or the case) to a title="" attribute in the h1 OR an html comment immediately above the tag with the toc ID, whichever is easiest to code.

Hopefully this makes it easier to see what I'm talking about. Let me know if you'd like me to make a 2nd epub which will have the desired results for each title.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Seigneur_ext_TEST_scrambled.epub (458.5 KB, 0 views)
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote