Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-23-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NaNoWriMo?

Is anyone working on anything for this year's event?

I'm not.

NaNoWriMo doesn't seem to generate the kind of interest it used to.

What do you think?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Is anyone working on anything for this year's event?

I'm not.

NaNoWriMo doesn't seem to generate the kind of interest it used to.

What do you think?
Going by my business, everybody has been NaNoWriYr due to Covid since February. Seriously. I've seen more novels, how-to books, memoirs, etc., that have been dragged out and dusted off this year than the prior 11 years put together.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2020, 02:14 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
NoNoWriNo busy, busy, busy.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I write & proof all year. So do many people. I think it's a sort of Social Media Cheer-along?

I've hardly seen a mention of it this year among people I, um, follow.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #5
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
I forgot. There's so little going on with the apocalypse and everything that...I forgot it was November. Oops.

It's weird that with so many restrictions etc, and that I have more time on my hands but I forgot birthdays (and Christmas - post times for overseas!) and so much more. I'm not sure how that even works.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's like Groundhog day.
Or the strange period in UK and Ireland from Christmas day to New years Day, inclusive.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:32 PM   #7
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Donate $10+ today for a chance to win a reMarkable tablet

Fun prizes at NaNoWriMo for donations and registration. I am planning to participate for the first time.
https://nanowrimo.org/
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
My wife does some form of NaNo every year. She writes 600-1200 words a day almost every day, but she had stopped since we moved last month - MUCH unpacking to be done. She started back up and is having a ball. She isn't doing a novel, but she is doing loosely connected pieces with all the same characters.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #9
E.M.DuBois
Connoisseur
E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.E.M.DuBois ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+
I'm trying my hand at NaNoWriMo this year... and so far, it's not going well, lol.
E.M.DuBois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:36 AM   #10
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
NoNoWriNo busy, busy, busy.
I knew this feeling was familiar!
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.M.DuBois View Post
I'm trying my hand at NaNoWriMo this year... and so far, it's not going well, lol.
I'm a NoNoWriteNone person, myself.

Hitch
(Isn't this thread from 2020?)
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:38 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I'm a NoNoWriteNone person, myself.

Hitch
(Isn't this thread from 2020?)

Yes, but because there's been a declining interest in it over the years (ref. Book Clubs sub-forum), that I decided not to create a new 2021 thread. Of course, someone else may wish to initiate a new thread if he or she chooses to do so.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-07-2021 at 10:56 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 03:31 PM   #13
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Moved back in May, new job, 2 small kids, so I'm permanently exhausted at the moment and writing has been put on the back burner. Also have a second draft to go through anyway, that I want done before December, it being a winter story I want to read a loud for my family. Hopefully I can find time to do it in the coming weeks.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 07:10 PM   #14
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
I did take part last year, but I can't seem to find the time or more accurately the headspace this time around. We'll see - November not over yet!
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:21 PM   #15
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
My wife decided to use the length goal, but no other unified plot. She had been having a ball churning out 1500 or so a day with no pressure for the novel part.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote