Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #1006
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:46 PM   #1007
Sunnyblue
Sunnyblue began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Doesn't pass internet connection

Hi everyone,

First thank you David for the image file.

I have used disk image writer to put the file on the sd card...works fine
I have used mini partition tool to see the partitions on the sd card...everything looks like in the post of gergith: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122.

It is booting I can choose my language, set time and date, select my wifi, it is connecting to internet but it stops when it is looking for updates...

Also in windows explorer I see the sdcard but I don't see the directories on it...

I have also tried with a brand new sd card and it is the same....

Kobo Glo N613 with wifi

Can someone help me please? I'm desparate...
Advert
Old 06-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #1008
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyblue View Post
Hi everyone,

First thank you David for the image file.

I have used disk image writer to put the file on the sd card...works fine
I have used mini partition tool to see the partitions on the sd card...everything looks like in the post of gergith: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=209122.

It is booting I can choose my language, set time and date, select my wifi, it is connecting to internet but it stops when it is looking for updates...

Also in windows explorer I see the sdcard but I don't see the directories on it...

I have also tried with a brand new sd card and it is the same....

Kobo Glo N613 with wifi
The network issue is probably due to the age of the firmware on the device. Early last year Kobo had to drop support for older security protocols that are no longer considered to be secure. Older firmware uses those protocols and won't be able to connect to servers to do updates or setup. The workaround is to use the Kobo desktop application or to manually install an appropriate firmware version. The desktop application will download the latest available firmware and do the setup.

Installing the firmware update manually means downloading the file and unpacking the contents to the .kobo directory on the device. The .kobo directory should be there, unless it is marked as system or hidden and you don't have explorer set to show those files and directories. You could try entering the path and seeing if it is actually there.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:06 AM   #1009
MamaK11285
MamaK11285 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi N289
I recently tried using my Kobo Wifi N289 after a long period of neglect, so it seems I'm in need of an SD image. It won't download books onto it either through Wifi or syncing to the desktop app (desktop app won't even recognize that it's plugged in) and it won't recognize epubs on an external SD card either. It just keeps showing me "no books found". I hate to throw it away when it still technically works.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:13 AM   #1010
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Advert
Old 06-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #1011
1987green
1987green began at the beginning.

Device: kobo e reader
N647

Hello can I get the n647 image my wireless kobo won’t pick up books.
Thanks
Old 06-24-2020, 05:03 AM   #1012
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:08 AM   #1013
1987green

N647
Thanks
Old 06-24-2020, 06:36 AM   #1014
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987green View Post
N647
Sorry, I only have image for each device. What is the problem? Is it getting the image onto the device? Or once it has started?
Old 06-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #1015
1987green

No I can’t get it too zip
Old 06-24-2020, 09:13 PM   #1016
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Do you mean you cannot get the file to unzip? If so, it must have been corrupted during the download. I just downloaded it here and it unpacked without any issues. I would suggest downloading it again.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #1017
ian1035nr
ian1035nr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647
I have a Kobo Wireless N647 that won't boot up; could someone please send me the firmware for it?
Old 07-01-2020, 08:26 PM   #1018
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:26 PM   #1019
aerials
aerials began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo N289 image

Hi,

Could I get the image for the Kobo N289? Mine is working but acting bizarre, computer detects it but any PDFs I copy on it do not get detected on the device and neither Adobe DE or the Kobo Desktop app detect a device. Then Calibre gives a "can't open database" error.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2020, 08:35 PM   #1020
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Closed Thread

Tags
image, kobo, kobo wifi, sd card, wifi