Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-21-2015, 05:40 AM   #1
Acharn
Acharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheeseAcharn can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Search function -- find next

Boy, the search function on this forum is as bad as the one at Ubuntu forums. This question may be answered in an earlier thread, or it may be in the documentation where I haven't been able to find it. If so, sorry for the duplication.

Let me start by saying I **love** Calibre. It's a brilliant piece of software, the programmer shows an unusual (for programmers) understanding of users needs, and the relentless weekly updating is awesome. I still have a complaint.

It used to be, several revisions back, that if I entered a term in the quick search box (author's name, titles, not specified) I would get a window showing anything from one to a dozen entries in the library. If I was searching an author's name it would show all the entries where he was the author, plus any other entries where his name was in the metadata (in the comment section, usually). All entries which did not have the string in the metadata were filtered out, not visible. I'm not sure when this changed, but it was several revisions ago, two or three months. The behavior I get now is that all entries in the library which include the search phrase in the metadata are highlighted in green, and the display goes to the first of them. All the other entries in the library are still shown. If the first entry is not what I'm looking for, I have to scroll down until I see another entry highlighted in green. If that isn't the one I want, scroll again.

I can find what I want, but it used to be easier. Am I doing something wrong? Something changed. Am I supposed to do something differently than before?
Acharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
See Search is showing all books with some highlighted! How do I fix this?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert