Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #1261
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Would like to see a plugin that would allow a custom column to be filled with the current Amazon Kindle Collections that book is in.

Regardless, it would be nice to create either a downloadable .csv of the collections and books in each one, or to be able to download directly into Calibre each collection that the book is in.
Iirc, the collections plugin displays the collections the books are in so it might already be possible to extract that data into custom column or csv (or JSON) with the existing plugin. Non-jailbroken Kindles just don't allow creating or adding books into collections.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #1262
DianaSmith
DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.DianaSmith is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Sony Reader
Thanks for your help!
Great post!
DianaSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #1263
Amon_Re
Zealot
Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.Amon_Re is less competitive than you.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Poketbook Inkpad 3 & Boyue Likebook Minas
I would like to see a simple UI plug-in that allows one to right-click a book and mark as read.

This would allow one to easily toggle a book to read from the cover view. It would be also a plus if it could update a date field to mark the date when toggled to YES.

Added: And have a keyboard shortcut

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-15-2019 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added
Amon_Re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:51 PM   #1264
tabascoffee
tabascoffee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post
I would like to see a simple UI plug-in that allows one to right-click a book and mark as read.
Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do we find this option? Is it included in a plugin?
tabascoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #1265
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascoffee View Post
Sorry to be a nuisance, but how do we find this option? Is it included in a plugin?
You won't - there is no such plugin, this is a wish list.

The nearest thing would be the Mark Books tool, but the 'Marks' (gold pin) are temporary - i.e. they don't persist once calibre is closed.

You could Mark books via its keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+M) and before ending the session you could select all the marked books, and set a date custom column via bulk MDE.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:31 AM   #1266
onTheMove
onTheMove began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_Re View Post

This would allow one to easily toggle a book to read from the cover view. It would be also a plus if it could update a date field to mark the date when toggled to YES.

Hi,

sounds interesting, I will start work on this plugin. If there is anyone willing to help, feel free to DM me.

Cheers
onTheMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #1267
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onTheMove View Post
Hi,

sounds interesting, I will start work on this plugin. If there is anyone willing to help, feel free to DM me.

Cheers
Hi

Why don't you create a thread in Plugins called something like "[Discuss] Mark Event" where you can gather ideas. I have a couple points to I can contribute, also happy to do any early bird testing.

BR
Old 10-01-2019, 06:12 AM   #1268
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Hi

Why don't you create a thread in Plugins called something like "[Discuss] Mark Event" where you can gather ideas. I have a couple points to I can contribute, also happy to do any early bird testing.

BR
I don't mind testing either.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #1269
Robert9
Robert9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Mark books with Shortcut to different lists

Another function would really love is:

I make a list of lists, example:

criminal
horror
science fiction
fantasy

Then i watch all my books, mark them and press for example STRG+1 (2,3,4);
so i mark books to different lists.

Finally i tell Calibre:

Move list 1 to library a
move list 2 to library b
then i go for lunch and after i have moved all my books with the easiest way possible.
Robert9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:55 AM   #1270
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Another function would really love is:

I make a list of lists, example:

criminal
horror
science fiction
fantasy

Then i watch all my books, mark them and press for example STRG+1 (2,3,4);
so i mark books to different lists.

Finally i tell Calibre:

Move list 1 to library a
move list 2 to library b
then i go for lunch and after i have moved all my books with the easiest way possible.
That sounds like a perfect use of a V/L (based upon tags or a custom column). The books don't move: the list is filtered, leaving every other part of Calibre still functioning, but just at the list level. Time: a second or 2 to switch between views

There is also the Reading list plugin to investigate.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #1271
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Iirc, the collections plugin displays the collections the books are in so it might already be possible to extract that data into custom column or csv (or JSON) with the existing plugin. Non-jailbroken Kindles just don't allow creating or adding books into collections.
I have a non-jailbroken Kindle. The devices and content pages in Amazon shows the collections, and then it shows the books in each collection. I have been able to copy the inner HTML of that page, showing the books then parsing it into a list that can be created in .csv format. Then, download said list into calibre. It's just a hassle to go through the steps for it all if there were some kind of plugin that can be configured to a user account and get the info from Amazon that way.

Unless my Kindle has a list collection and of books in the collections on my device, whether or not the book/ collection has been downloaded to the device, I don't see how the collections plugin can help.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:11 PM   #1272
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Authors with awards

Some plugin that can handle authors who have prizes.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:31 PM   #1273
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Some plugin that can handle authors who have prizes.
Create a Column Column Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the Tag browser, and enter values as needed, Booker, Pulitzer, Miles Franklin

BR
Old 10-18-2019, 06:28 AM   #1274
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Create a Column Column Comma separated text, like tags, shown in the Tag browser, and enter values as needed, Booker, Pulitzer, Miles Franklin

BR
If I have done that, but I thought that if there was a plugin where the author's name could be loaded and the prize obtained could be assigned automatically and not have to do it manually. A concern.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:31 AM   #1275
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
If I have done that, but I thought that if there was a plugin where the author's name could be loaded and the prize obtained could be assigned automatically and not have to do it manually. A concern.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3000 mediante Tapatalk
That plugin would be a bulk metadata edit, you select all the books by that author and assign the award (there is no author specific information).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development