Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-21-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Poke3 Built-in reader - global font change?

Since my firmware update in July I've worked out how to change the fonts, line spacing, etc for individual books to get rid of the ill-treated apostrophe. It takes about 45-60 seconds per book and I've got over 8,000.

Is there some way of performing a global operation?

You can do it in my wife's Poke5 but I can't find a way in the Poke3.

Regards - James
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 07:43 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I don't use the Onyx stock reader so I'm sadly ignorant of how it works.
Does it save the font/size/spacing on an individual book basis?
Many other readers save it only globally.
The advantage is, set it, it's done.
OTOH, you have to switch settings yourself if you want a book to have different settings.

I don't know, the Poke3 may have default settings but then allow per-book overrides.
If that's the case, it makes sense to just get the default settings before you write a zillion per-book settings.

As all this is undoubtedly in a database there may be ways to do a SQL query and set everything all at once.

You had a Poke3 update in July? I thought that 3.3.1 that came out last November was the last update?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2023, 01:18 AM   #3
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
You had a Poke3 update in July? I thought that 3.3.1 that came out last November was the last update?
My last Poke 3 update was V3.3.2 Official Version from 2023-04-20
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 07:40 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
My last Poke 3 update was V3.3.2 Official Version from 2023-04-20
Thank you. That's very interesting. Our old way of checking for updates seems to have let me down.
http://data.onyx-international.cn/ap...t%22:%22%22%7D
This is still reporting 3.3.1 from last November.
You wouldn't have a link for the update, would you?
Old 09-22-2023, 07:50 AM   #5
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Thank you. That's very interesting. Our old way of checking for updates seems to have let me down.
http://data.onyx-international.cn/ap...t%22:%22%22%7D
This is still reporting 3.3.1 from last November.
You wouldn't have a link for the update, would you?
I received it OTA - EU server
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2023, 11:45 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Hmm, other models return 3.3.2 updates from this year...