Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-05-2023, 10:23 AM   #1
samr
samr began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 3
Backup before factory reset device

I want to factory reset my Onyx Poke 3 (slow, sometimes restarts on its own, many applications become unresponsive).

What is the most efficient way to backup before that, so that the restoration of my apps and data will proceed with the minimum hassle?
samr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:31 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I use my Poke3 like a work horse and haven't had any problems.
So, are your problems due to corruption of system components that are read-only?
Is it due to bad configurations in the read-write userdata (/data)?

The last update (maybe really the last) was ONYX/Poke3/Poke3:10/2022-11-25_04-32_3.3.1_4c98746d8/7996:user/dev-keys
You might just do an "update" over the same version.
Updates don't disturb your userdata.

You'd need http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/3b9...06a/update.upx
You'd need to decrypt it using https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxUpdateUpx
You could install it with my custom recovery (not saying that there couldn't be other ways).
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2023, 10:18 AM   #3
samr
samr began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Poke 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I use my Poke3 like a work horse and haven't had any problems.
So, are your problems due to corruption of system components that are read-only?
Is it due to bad configurations in the read-write userdata (/data)?

The last update (maybe really the last) was ONYX/Poke3/Poke3:10/2022-11-25_04-32_3.3.1_4c98746d8/7996:user/dev-keys
You might just do an "update" over the same version.
Updates don't disturb your userdata.

You'd need http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/3b9...06a/update.upx
You'd need to decrypt it using https://github.com/Hagb/decryptBooxUpdateUpx
You could install it with my custom recovery (not saying that there couldn't be other ways).
Hello Renata,
Thank you for your great suggestion.

Upon less shallow thinking, I have noticed that the only times that I actually experienced problems was when I browse the internet.

I have changed my internet browing program, and all functions normally!
I have changed it from EinkBro to Stargon.
The interface of Stargon is very uncluttered, and it works well.
samr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory reset, poke 3