Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-11-2023, 11:59 AM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
text editor for Note+

is there a text editor that can be used on the old Note+?

the ones I installed did not work properly, they were not listed as apps to open .txt files.
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 06:07 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
is there a text editor that can be used on the old Note+?
There could be a few things going on here.
Usually apps tend to say that that can handle a ton of file extensions, .txt, .c, .h, .xml...
But they also have to handle MIME types, text/plain, text/html, text/xml...
Then they have to handle URI schemes, http, https, file and content.

Opening a file directly in an app is one thing and should work.
Opening a file through a file manager can be more complicated.

In the old days a file manager would say, "here's the path to your text file, have fun". file://whatever/mynotes.txt
Android has moved away from that with the content scheme. content//random/opaque/junk/
A file manager now says, "I have the bytes from that file, would you like them".

So where does your problem exist?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2023, 08:25 AM   #3
lepau
Connoisseur

I tried a few editors from f-droid.

when opening the apps, I could enter some text, but no menu or other possibility to save the file or opening a file was shown.

then I created extrenally a .txt file and tried to open it from a file manager, but only two of the apps were proposed, and they caused nothing more than a flickering of the screen.

what I basicly want is to take some notes into a file (not scribble but text entered via keyboard) that is in a place where it can be synced "by hand", but the note apps performed as bad.
Old 08-12-2023, 01:48 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I wrote my own (incredibly stupid) app for notes.
The idea being that anything that I typed on a device is precious (in contrast to everything else on a portable device which just gets synced from the desktop).
You don't even get to decide filenames!

You open the app, type "Hello" and go back to your book. It just created /sdcard/Notes/0001.txt
You go back to the app and it says "Hello" and you type "Goodbye" and you fall asleep.
/sdcard/Notes/0002.txt now says, "HelloGoodbye". 0001.txt is as it was.
You wake up, delete all the text on the screen and type , "I hate Android".
You still have two files with Hello and one with Goodbye.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 07:31 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I use Jota on Android, inc an eink. It preserves if gadget sleeps or resets or reboots etc.

Still a good idea. I did start designing an OS for a PDA/Notebook in 1988 with no explicit file operations except to import/export to/from other systems. Used hypertext (not HTML or web pages) to allow "separating" documents and version history built into the document navigation. So when empty the initial page would have been like root on a website or UNIX. Later I did a mouse enabled "hypertext" text editor in Modula-2 where if you selected a word or phrase it either opened that document or offered to create it.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2023, 02:55 AM   #6
lepau
Connoisseur

Markor works
Old 08-18-2023, 08:23 PM   #7
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I use quickedit.
If your android version is old, you may need to dl an apk for a older version.

You may need to press on and hold the text file icon to do an open with. If the app doesn't show, it might be set to frozen in app management.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 08:20 PM   #8
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I use OldSchool Editor, works quite nice
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote