Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-11-2023, 03:29 PM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Let's make one thing clear: there is no such thing as "frontlight".
Code:
$ ls -l /sys/class
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 2023-04-16 23:57 backlight
*Post not to be taken internally.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 04:45 PM   #17
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's a darksucker?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:33 PM   #18
Jjuann
Jjuann began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Ultra C
Well, it's already arrived but I haven't had much time to try it. In fact, the screen dims a bit when illuminated in a room with artificial light, so I had to use the tablet's light at about 70%. I think that in a room with natural light or better office type lamps it would not be necessary. I notice that sometimes images remain, I think they are called "ghosts" or something like that. The colors are as I expected after seeing them on YouTube, that is, very pale, but they are still colors that at least in my case help me in my notes. The black looks much better than the colors, which are a little "diluted". It's a bit like reading the first paper newspapers that appeared in color. In general it is more or less what I expected, the technology at the moment is not enough, it is not a big deal but what interests me most is a screen that does not have backlighting and in that sense, regardless of the differences that may exist between a light that emits a lamp located on the ceiling of the room and the light fixed to the screen, which apparently are not identical, does not bother the eye and is more pleasant than that of a backlit computer monitor in the style of an IPS, VA, etc It's more of a piece of paper, which is what I need. The pencil has a slight latency, I have to practice to see if I get used to it. I don't think latency can be improved much at this point. Although it is not something I need, I was surprised by the ease with which it plays videos, I honestly did not expect it from an ink tablet. As I say, these are my first impressions and it is more or less what I expected and it will serve me until the technology improves but it may be a long time.
Jjuann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:59 PM   #19
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I hope that you'll be happy with this.
Maybe you should have used a really crappy device for a few months first!

The two problems are having an intelligent refresh and then simply the mechanics of Eink.
Since the field may be opening up a bit with expiring patents we might expect some improvements.
Still, it would be a far reach (right now) to expect a truly multicolor single pixel.
That is, a single area that could be an arbitrary color.

Has anybody put a Kaleido under a microscope?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 05:48 PM   #20
Jjuann

Well you can say that after reading a lot about this topic, I didn't expect much more, so for now I have no regrets, it will help me take notes in general, annotate on PDF documents and write without using paper, all without fixing my eyes on bright LEDs. If I wasn't in a hurry and needed to use it for work and study, I would have waited longer to buy it, mostly because of its price, which I think is a lot for what it offers, because of the pale colors. and a very poor range, you pay double. But hey, I understand that novelty has a price and at the end of the day I already have my classic multimedia tablet. On the YouTube channel My Deep Guide there is a review called "Boox Tab Ultra C - In-depth review of the best ePaper Color E-Ink 10.3" Android tablet on the market" in which at minute 37:15 you can see some pixels enlarged.be seen.

Last edited by Jjuann; 09-12-2023 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:07 PM   #21
Jjuann

Sorry, there is an error in my previous text. Where it says at the end of the day should be understood for multimedia. When I try it a little more I will comment on how it goes, for now and despite the price it has not disappointed me and I feel good about the purchase.