Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-09-2023, 05:29 PM   #1
Goodreader9394
Goodreader9394 began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX NOTEX2
Unhappy Where to download Firmware nowadays

Since BOOX official don’t publish firmware on their website, where can I find the firmware package? The old one is also fine.

It’s quite necessary to backup in case a failed root.
Goodreader9394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 07:50 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
What's your model?

The updates can be queried:
Code:
http://data.onyx-international.cn/api/firmware/update?where={"buildNumber":0,"buildType":"user","deviceMAC":"","lang":"en_US","model":"Poke3","submodel":"","fingerprint":""}
(This is technically not a valid URL but your browser knows how to turn quotes into %22.)
This is for the Poke3, insert your model.
In "downloadListUrl" it will give you the URL of the .upx file.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 03:51 PM   #3
linkerc
linkerc began at the beginning.

Device: Boox TabUltraC
Do I need to manually download the FW myself?
I've been always just check the setting to see if there's a new FW available.
linkerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 04:13 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Normally a normal update is normally the best.

The most "bomb-proof" backup is if you make a complete backup with EDL.
That's 32 GB or however big your device is.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote